Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purple VP Calais

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
but i think you should get rid of those things near the back wheels.

do you mean those factory VP Calais wheel spats??? (rear guard insert, garnish) There's actually metal behind them and like I said there a special "Calais" only thing...........

102_0012.jpg

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
looks good mate but i think you should get rid of those things near the back wheels.

I like em. everyone wants to tuck rim, With a VP/VQ you can do it without buying ssssssssssssssssssl's :p

Last edited:

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
The pre release "Fantale" is close to the CV8Z "Fusion" colour......

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
So it's been a while fore updates on this thing. I've been fixing up a few things on her while driving the ss now that thats all fixed up. had to fix my console because it was breaking around the power window switches due to my shotty craftsmanship :p

some of you might call me crazy but I decided to try a brushed aluminium effect. Someone at work kinda mentioned that I should do something weird so I decided to get a bit experimental in the spray booth lol. You're either going to like this or think its really ****. I will put it in the car and decide whether it needs to just be matte black again or not lol. so far I kinda like it though. it's different, that's for sure :)

IMAG0231.jpg

^^for those that haven't read through this is how it looked. I made it out of 2 consoles, my calais one which I took the top plate off, replaced it with the manual one and patched then painted some stuff.

IMAG01491_zpsowlvqdfz.jpg

Ok so here it is based up in silver.

IMAG01501_zps3r1lxpky.jpg

Before putting on any clearcoat I ran a red scotch bright down the length of the console carefuly in a nice (mostly) straight line.

IMAG01621_zps0z6yfnoq.jpg

I used semi gloss clear to finish it off. heres a bit of a mock up photo in my shed with the shifter boot on and the switches in the new strengthened holes lol.

IMAG01631_zpszc2esawt.jpg

Just a bit of a close up because it is hard to tell the effect in the pics.

hopefully it doesnt look too out of place in the car. I really had no intention of doing this until about half an hour before I painted it lol. I kinda wish I had bought a new ashtray now this one has a corner missing and all my spares do too!

call me mad if ya want but it was a bit of fun :D

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Looks real nice, not sure how well it will fit in the car but I like it.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Actually worked out well! keen to see it in the car :)