Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purpose of clutch pedal spring

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Your foot pushes the pedal to the floor, and believe it or not, the spring assists it to return. Now was that too hard.

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I'm gonna go ahead and ignore the snarkyness of your reply. You're angry with life, not at me bud.

The spring wear marks on the pedal would indicate the old spring was pushing the pedal to the floor, and i can't see how the new spring would fit in order to "return" the pedal.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
I'm gonna go ahead and ignore the snarkyness of your reply. You're angry with life, not at me bud.

The spring wear marks on the pedal would indicate the old spring was pushing the pedal to the floor, and i can't see how the new spring would fit in order to "return" the pedal.

I dont think he is angry bud,just sounded like a very simple question.

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Then a simple answer is in order. ;) Rudeness has no place on a forum like this. The only reason i ask is no matter how i orientate the spring, it is pushing the pedal down.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Then a simple answer is in order. ;) Rudeness has no place on a forum like this. The only reason i ask is no matter how i orientate the spring, it is pushing the pedal down.

Then you are doing something wrong.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Your foot pushes the pedal to the floor, and believe it or not, the spring assists it to return. Now was that too hard.

Your foot pushes the pedal to the floor, and believe it or not, the clutch cable makes it return. Now was that too hard?

If you're going to be a twit, at least get your facts straight.

Is the clutch pedal spring supposed to pull the clutch pedal to the floor or pull it back to resting height?

The spring on the pedal assembly makes the pedal swing DOWN. The purpose of this, is to counter the pull of the clutch cable, and hold the pedal in a static position (i.e. stop it from flipping up easily).

eg: when the clutch cable is NOT connected, the clutch pedal should swing all the way to the floor by default :)

Hope this helps mate, ignore the other assholes - they have NO IDEA what they're talking about. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
No worries mate, did you get it fixed? :)