Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Put new seats in, now side mirros dont work

Blueglow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Put new seats into my VY II. The original seats has the memory bank and everything, where as the new seats didnt. I've wired the power to the seats so the controls work but now the side mirrors dont move. Is this to do with the seats? If so which wire do I have to give power to?

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sedan+ wifes VYII wagon.
Try pulling out the mirror switch and giving it a good clean and put it back in sometimes it works and will only take a minute to do and if it works a good quick fix and if not maybe someone else might have a bett:beer chug:er option for you

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Doesn't the WH memory seats also adjust the mirrors?

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
It's the memory seats that are giving you grief. If you open up your drivers door, there will be a module attached to your power window switch. Remove this module and plug the loom straight into the switch.

Blueglow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
No as in the memory bank seats are no longer in the car, it had a lot of wires. I've put in new seats which only have the two so a lot of the wires arent connected into a plug the power and ground were just spliced, im thinking one of the wires needs power just not sure which one.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Anark is right. The mirrors are also part of the memory system. But the module is no longer getting power. No rewiring is required, just disconnect and you'll find it plugs straight in.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The seat memory module is also the mirror memory module.

Blueglow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Anark is right. The mirrors are also part of the memory system. But the module is no longer getting power. No rewiring is required, just disconnect and you'll find it plugs straight in.

No but these new seats I've put in have a different plug. They dont plug into the one that the car has, hence why I've had to splice the wires