Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

putn the box on tourqe cnvrtr

bwenny 23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s2 exec 6cyl@ 01 vu 6 cyl ute
hi can any1 help guide me with putn my auto tranny bak on ie;is there a special way to put on to the tourqe conveter isnt the spline of the box tapered in like three diffrnt sections, is there a knak to it n how do ya know wen u got it right [also do ya havta manually fill the tourqe converter up with fluid [cheers help wuld be muchly appreciated!!

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
you put the torque converter back into the tranny, you have to line up the splines for the pump correctly. then you bolt the box back to motor and then bolt the torque converter to the flex plate. you will know if the torque converter has gone in correctly if there is a gap between it and the flex plate when you bolt the tranny back to the motor.
the torque converter will fill by itself once you have the motor going.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Install the converter into the trans first, then bolt the trans to the block, then bolt the converter to the flexplate. Doing it any other way will almost always result in a broken oil pump in the box.

Also, make sure the converter is located into the trans properly. From memory it goes into the box in 3 'stages'. Just keep twisting and turning it until it pops down 3 times.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you MUST slide the torque convertor into the box first while rotating the convertor to lock all the splines and pump drive in then lift box and convertor onto engine as one if its a new convertor or drained of fluid fill it a bit first

bwenny 23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s2 exec 6cyl@ 01 vu 6 cyl ute
mad as thnx alot 4 that yas just saved me alota f**kn around , refreshes me memory now thats how i did it once after stuufn around for hours with the tourqe converter already on lol!