Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

putting a supercharger from the factory supercharged v6 onto a none charged v6?

a-drain

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III ute
hey guys
i had the thought of getting a super charger off the supercharged v6 and putting it in my v6 manual ute...
im assuming that it should bolt straight on, but am unsure on what else will need to upgraded.
thinking may need to upgrade injectors to 36lb 380cc?
any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
will need your ECU re-tuned and also the heads off the L67 Motor. Probably the wiring harness? Probably will need more, but unsure as to what!

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
A search should find some more as the question has been asked a few times before. Yes, heads - the injectors are located in the heads with the S/C. The S/C has a lower compression ratio and stronger pistons and rods. The engine balance and the balancer/accessory drive pulley is different and just swapping the balancer onto a NA engine will result in an engine imbalance.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
be cheaper getting a whole s/c motor and putting it in. or close to the same price.... if ya put a s/c on a ecotec you'll spend heaps of cash and spend alot of time and end up with something that isnt as good and never will be, isn't as strong as the s/c motor and wont last as long..........if ya get a whole l67 s/c motor for a couple of grand and will be tougher, last longer, get no problems and can mod' the hell out of it and get it going good knowing its all pretty strong......

i were guna do the same and put a s/c on my ecotec but once i read into it and how much is different and how much stuff you really need, plus ^^ the balance thing, weaker bottom end, and the hassles i just got the whole l67s/c motor and ecu for $2000, dropped it in and was finished :D.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The block and the crank are the same, but I believe the L67 rods and pistons were stronger and also achieve the lower compression

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
To be honest. The L67 and ecotec bottoms are the same. Its the heads and up thats different. You can find cheap L67 conversion kits, the bottom should be able to handle a max of 10PSI.

To be honest you have no idea what your talking about and shouldnt make suggestions unless you do.
Cermaic coated pistons and different compression ratio , harmonic balancer is different , ECU and harness , full exhaust required just to name a few things.
The heads are identical with the exception of the holes for the injectors.

Buy a complete L67 motor and dont waste your time trying to swap parts.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
kal could not be anymore correct,,,
To be honest you have no idea what your talking about and shouldnt make suggestions unless you do.
Cermaic coated pistons and different compression ratio , harmonic balancer is different , ECU and harness , full exhaust required just to name a few things.
The heads are identical with the exception of the holes for the injectors.

Buy a complete L67 motor and dont waste your time trying to swap parts.