Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

putting a supercharger from the factory supercharged v6 onto a none charged v6?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
To be honest you have no idea what your talking about and shouldnt make suggestions unless you do.
Cermaic coated pistons and different compression ratio , harmonic balancer is different , ECU and harness , full exhaust required just to name a few things.
The heads are identical with the exception of the holes for the injectors.

Buy a complete L67 motor and dont waste your time trying to swap parts.

To be honest with you KAL, great reply LOL

To the OP there is a guy selling a L67 complete in the for sale section for $2000.00

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
hey guys
i had the thought of getting a super charger off the supercharged v6 and putting it in my v6 manual ute...
im assuming that it should bolt straight on, but am unsure on what else will need to upgraded.
thinking may need to upgrade injectors to 36lb 380cc?
any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Best jump onto the L67torque forum. You'll find loads of info on this. As has already been covered, it's not quite as simple as bolting on the blower and away you go.... Although very similar to the ecotec, there is alot of parts different. By far the easiest, strongest and most likely cheaper option is to buy yourself a complete L67 long motor and do a swap with your ecotec.
Just to list some of the different parts you'd need to do a 'top swap' include heads, lower inlet manifold, blower and intake, different tensioners and pullies, alloy coolant pipe, harmonic balancer, vacuum hoses, pcm tune, fuel rails, 36lb injectors, L67 wiring harness or modify your existing one, alternator (regulator will foul on fuel rails if ecotec one is used) etc etc. That's probably the bulk of it, but there will still be many other little fiddly bits and pieces i've forgotten that would have to be sourced and all add to the cost and time.
L67's also run a different balance factor to the ecotec, so, to just bolt this upto your manual box may result in some unwanted balance vibrations. The L67 flex plate balance factor would need to be mirror balanced to your manual flywheel. A manual box with any decent amout of power infront of it you're also better to convert to a solid flywheel and do away with the dual mass (assuming you have a getrag 5 speed since your ute is series 3).
By the time you've done all this, you've still got the weaker ecotec (L36) bottom end which as has already been covered is a little different. The l67 runs far stronger shot peened rods that will handle alot more punishment and also lower compression pistons (8.5:1) to handle the boost. The higher compression of the ecotec (I think 9.8:1 from memory???) wont really handle anymore than the stock 5-6 psi boost or you'll start causing more problems and detonation etc.
So yes, with great expense and time tracking down all the bits it can be done, but at the end of the day in my opinion you'd be far better off doing a complete L67 motor swap.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Chris.

a-drain

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III ute
cheers guys,
so with all those supercharger kits out there for the ecotech really wouldnt be much good either in terms of the pistons and bottom end n all n all that....
how hard would it b to change the wiring loom from the l67 to work with a manual?

a-drain

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III ute
and yea i have the getrag box in there

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Wiring will be the least of your issues , the ECU just needs to be told its a manual , your biggest concern is going to be clutches , the low down torque just kills them !

www.l67torque.com • Index page if you want imformation and more accurate answers from people who dont just guess the reply.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
KAL do you have any more info on using a Ecotec auto PCM (VS) running a L67 manual? i know i can use the ecotec engine loom and use the L67 tune, but what about turning off the auto parameters (to avoid CEL coming on etc..)?
Cheers

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Really? Had a look, mines the same service number so should be ok, there wouldnt be too many difference in the loom so i figure i should be right. only one way to find out :p

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
already a member since ages ago but hardly ever visit, just figured id ask you whilst you were posting here on the topic lol