Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Putting in a cam

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
That looks to be a stage II.. of the top of my head

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
retainers maybe, but collets? no need.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
You cairns fellas can get a full custom KALMAKER tune in Townsville if you need one. Yes I realise its not Cairns but its a LONG way closer than Brisbane :D

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
You cairns fellas can get a full custom KALMAKER tune in Townsville if you need one. Yes I realise its not Cairns but its a LONG way closer than Brisbane :D

wheres that at mate? is that a dyno tune or juct a memcal tune? also how much for either if available

VTmadS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
yes but if i did that i would have to get the cam installed in Tville wouldn't i? because the engine would run like crap if i tryed to drive without tune

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
yes but if i did that i would have to get the cam installed in Tville wouldn't i? because the engine would run like crap if i tryed to drive without tune

It will still be driveable mate. the cam i installed in mine is quite bigger and i drove it for a couple hundred kays before the tune, just to settle everything in. Mind you... wont run very well, will chew through petrol, and also advise you dont rev it higher than you need to just to get around (til your tune)