Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Putting L67 into executive. Any tips would be appreciated.

cbr1234mike

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Was thinking of going to the auctions and bidding on a statesman with an L67 in it and putting that into my executive. Any tips on the conversion would be appreciated. Can i retain original ecu and swap the memcals? should i swap engine and G/box or would the engine with the super torque converter suffice? will be way easier.

Just general advice is needed. If i have to use the supercharged ecu im going to retain my Bcm so i need to get them paired.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Yes you can use the ecotec ECU and loom, you will just need the L67 memcal. You can also use your gearbox with the L67 converter (the converter is the only difference between the ecotec/L67 gearboxes).

If the engine is from a VT onwards you will need to tap the LIM for the temp gauge sensor as the VS runs a seperate sensor for the ECU and dash. You will also need to modify the ecotec loom a little bit, but it's nothing major (mainly just rerouting some wires).

If you haven't already, sign up to www.l67torque.com • Index page as that site has ALL the info in detail...

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Due to the heat that is generated with the L67 is is a good idea to change the LIM gaskets (lower intake gaskets ) to the aluminum ones before you put the motor in, they most likely need doing anyway.
New engine mounts are a must, these engines like to eat mounts, send TTT Performance a PM for more info on mounts.
I would also change the thermostat to a colder one, 82deg is not a bad choice, it is such a prick of a job in the car.
As Thomas has said for a lot more in-depth knowledge head over to L67torque, the guys over there have been putting great combo's together for years. I also think that a couple people have some L67's complete that are for sale.
Good luck with the conversion.

cbr1234mike

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
cheers guys. i tried to join that forum but i use a gmail account and it wouldnt let me.
as far as im concerned its L67 out, LIM gasket change,engine mount inspection, thermo change, L67 in, memcal in. im guessing the loom will have to be modified to make up for different sensor poswtions and it will be a case of cut n solder to make things longer?

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
cheers guys. i tried to join that forum but i use a gmail account and it wouldnt let me.
as far as im concerned its L67 out, LIM gasket change,engine mount inspection, thermo change, L67 in, memcal in. im guessing the loom will have to be modified to make up for different sensor poswtions and it will be a case of cut n solder to make things longer?

Replace the engine mounts regardless if they look ok. L67's destroy the engine mounts...

Yes the loom needs a bit of modding, but it's very simple and you will see what needs to be modified once you put the loom on the engine (do it when the engine is out of the car).

Use another email and sign up the L67T. It has all this info that we are giving you and much much more...