Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

putting mini spool in vt s1 diff

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt 50th anniversary s1
Thanks for the advice stealthy, cheers!

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
STOP doing burnouts then. There is no way known you could have chewed a set of tyres in 3-4 months. My tyres lasted over a year, DAILY driving it to work (plus a few fun hills runs aswell) and only ended up bald when i decided it was time for new ones and finished them off.

$700 worth of 20in tyres on the back of the Statesman and down to wear indacators within a few months with LSD.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
$700 worth of 20in tyres on the back of the Statesman and down to wear indacators within a few months with LSD.

And they say spools are bad:p

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt 50th anniversary s1
yeah don't understand either, funny but!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Eh?dont understand.

The good old wet weather makes spools dangerous myth. Just as easy to kill yourself with an LSD as it is a spool, depends WHO the driver is ;)

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Only going by my experience.Drove an old HJ years ago with a CIG locker,pulled out of a 7/11 and hardly put the foot down and did a quick 180.
If you think a wet road is less dangerous than a dry road with either a spool or LSD then you are kidding yourself.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Only going by my experience.Drove an old HJ years ago with a CIG locker,pulled out of a 7/11 and hardly put the foot down and did a quick 180.
If you think a wet road is less dangerous than a dry road with either a spool or LSD then you are kidding yourself.
If you pulled out of a 7/11 with an LSD and put the foot down a little bit, you would have also done a 180. Drive to the conditions next time.

I never said anything about the effects of water on the road. I said a spool is no more dangerous than an LSD in the exact same situation!
Once again, its the driver. If i can drive through a monsoon and not stack it, surely its not the car thats the problem....