Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

putting mini spool in vt s1 diff

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt 50th anniversary s1
Just wondering how you go about putting a mini spool in, how much it will cost and it's worth while? cheers!

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
I only ask cause cops got me this morning for the tiniest bit of wheel spin, when tires were cold and road was wet, threatened to take my car completely accidental, i swear

v8_stato

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr statesman 5.0
i got a minispool in my charged stato man and im ****ing sick of it chewing up my tyres,i got through a new set every 3-4 months.there good fun but a **** at the same time.if i was u just get a lsd mate.legal and safe and save money trust me

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
What am i looking at for an lsd then, i already have tire problems cause of the stupid camber on the vt lol. oh and mine is only a 6 cyclinder

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i got a minispool in my charged stato man and im ****ing sick of it chewing up my tyres,i got through a new set every 3-4 months.there good fun but a **** at the same time.if i was u just get a lsd mate.legal and safe and save money trust me

STOP doing burnouts then. There is no way known you could have chewed a set of tyres in 3-4 months. My tyres lasted over a year, DAILY driving it to work (plus a few fun hills runs aswell) and only ended up bald when i decided it was time for new ones and finished them off.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
What am i looking at for an lsd then, i already have tire problems cause of the stupid camber on the vt lol. oh and mine is only a 6 cyclinder

Get what you want. A spool is really only for a car that does burnouts, or needs traction at the drags/track. If your just getting a spool for the sake of having a spool, i don't think you'll benifit from it.

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah not at all, thats the reason i want one more traction, but the more i read about it i think it's a waste of time in the 6, and was going to get diff serviced, replace bearings etc cause it's making a whineing noise so thought i could put one in while it's apart, thats all thanks anyway!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
mate i drive it daily im pretty sure i know when my tyres are ****ed!coz of the camber the inside wears out heaps.and no i dont do burnouts unless i got stockies.all im saying is minispools are a prick

Theres something else going on there, or you bought budget tyres. I have a VP Calais, so the same shitty IRS (and no camber kit)

Your either driving very hard on your daily driving, or you have other suspension problems not related to the camber.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah not at all, thats the reason i want one more traction, but the more i read about it i think it's a waste of time in the 6, and was going to get diff serviced, replace bearings etc cause it's making a whineing noise so thought i could put one in while it's apart, thats all thanks anyway!

Yeah i wouldn't suggest a spool, an LSD will be fine for what you need. Burnouts kill LSDs, if your not doing any, the LSD will be fine.