Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

putting regular cy cup holders into a vy berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy II
i was wondering if i could be able to remove the hatch like compartment where the drink holders would be in any other vy apart from calais, and instead put in the rubber cup holder insert instead, because honestly berlina/calias cup holders really dont hold drinks all too well

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The top piece of the console is the same for all Execs, Berlinas and Calais, except for the colour schemes. The lidded compartment can be removed by taking off the top of the console and unscrewing the compartment from underneath. You will then find that the side of the recess in the console lid has been cut away to fit the lidded compartment. The rubber drink compartment divider can then be dropped in but with the whole left had side of the compartment cut away, I don't think it will stay in place and hold drinks securely. You might be better off getting the console lid from an Exec and just swapping the whole thing over.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
holdens or motor traders......its basically just a rubber insert

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I have just done this in my vy calais. Best "downgrade" ever. As much as I like the calais cupholders, they phail real world use on a couple of levels.

Anyways, rubber insert $10 from wreckers (I have seen them on ebay). Lift console just enough to unscrew the flip top compartment from underneath.

As calaber says, the lhs of the console is cut away, but the rubber cup holder insert fits snugly, and cups/bottles are just as secure as in a standard console.
The cutaway is not the whole of the lhs - just the top half. There is an aesthtic issue with the hole, and the chance that coins etc could be lost, but I don't feel it's worthwhile replacing the console top. I will be looking at filling the void somehow.

Attachments

• cupholder2.jpg
    cupholder2.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 927
  • cupholder1.jpg
    cupholder1.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 1,097
  • cupholder3.jpg
    cupholder3.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 1,271
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy II
hey

thats exactly what i want to do with my berlina im over drinks spilling everywhere when going round a corner and at the slowest of speeds, can you link me to some on ebay i cant seem to find them, i went to the local wreckers and they said they dont sell them

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
A simple case of finding a wrecker with VY/VZ carcasses you can pick over - as opposed to the sort where they shelve up for display only the choicest of bits.