Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Putting SV6 engine into Equipe Ve series II 2011 ?

Hannah B

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Equipe 2011 VE series II
Hey need some help here,
basically i know basics about cars but when it comes to engines i have no idea what i'm talking/reading about.
Long story short, my Equipe ve series II 2011 has developed an engine knock and i've got a good mechanic who's been trying to find an engine to swap for me and it's been two days and he can't find one. He told me i could also search as well if i wanted to, then i could ask him to ask the wrecker's for me than i can get extended warranty etc etc.
This is i know a stupid question but seriously i know close to nothing about engines. The only engines available that i found was Sv6 and Ve series II ute engines of the year 2011.
Can my car (holden commodore equipe 2011 ve series II Auto) take an Sv6 2011 ve series II 2011 as a replacement? Or what about a ve series II ute engine 2011? i saw it said engine LFX, like what does that mean?
I just need an engine for my car!!

ar5boosted

Reaction score
Website
www.ar5boosted
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Basically they all fit * (in general terms). Whether they actually do perfectly is another matter.

All my other cars are engine swapped so it does work. I have an engine-swapped Renault and an engine-swapped Toyota.

Getting the engine from the SV6 will be even better than the stock engine in terms of power :)

RossK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE11 SV6, VF LPG Evoke
Your car will have the 3.0l LF1 engine, so whilst the SV6 3.6 will physically fit, the electronics may not.
LF1 = 3.0L V6
LLT = 3.6L 09-11
LFX = 3.6L 11- current

Hannah B

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh!!!!! I get it now
Okay so today I found a 2012 omega engine for me at JJ auto parts for $2500 but on 101,000k and 12 months warranty
Hope fully all should be good + $1000 labour fee and $500 to change oil, water hoses etc etc

Hannah B

Reaction score
Members Ride
Would love to get the sv6 but the engine is like $3300 second hand no way! May as well get an engine rebuild with the cost of labour and parts