Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

putting video on the iq screen.

Kirbieb

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon exec
So looking at ways to mirror my phone to my IQ unit in my VE series II berlina and just wondering if I have missed anything reading through the forums.

I need to buy a cable like the VE series 2 video connector from envious customs.
get vim enabled.
then find a way to connect my phone to the cable and it should work, or am I missing something.

EDIT: one more thing getting RSE activated on my Headunit.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
So.. things you need to get an image displaying on the IQ screen:
1) Need RSE and VIM programmed
2) Need Series2 Video cable
3) A device that mirrors the screen and outputs to a RCA/composite video cable (yellow video cable)

The only part that requires a bit of searching, is the mirror device. Alot of the old units that use to flood Ebay have disappeared as they stopped working after updates. Big name brand items such as "google cast" support updates, thus continue to support newer updates on smart phones for mirroring onto a screen.
The next challenge with using something like the google cast.. is converting the video output from HDMI to composite. And also supplying 5v to it.

Im sure there is probably cheaper options out there, but Im thinking from the 'future proof' perspective since alot of people lost their mirror ability after phone updates.

Kirbieb

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon exec
Cheers for the info will look into the mirroring device before I take the plunge.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV

Sorry for posting on this thread, but there is no option to PM you TazzI.

Just wondering if there is a trick to program 1 VE key to another VE Vehicle without a special tool? e.g. Turn key, hold for so seconds, press both unlock buttons etc?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Sorry for posting on this thread, but there is no option to PM you TazzI.

Just wondering if there is a trick to program 1 VE key to another VE Vehicle without a special tool? e.g. Turn key, hold for so seconds, press both unlock buttons etc?
As far as I am aware, there isnt a DIY way o program a key. Needs a scantool to send special commands to program in another key.

assis.rs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE Omega - Brazilian
Guys, is there anybody that could be able to unlock the VIM / driving lockouts outside Australia?
Here in Brazil the shipping and customs costs are crazy, totally crazy.
I really appreciate if somebody could help. I have an obdlink mx if it can help... thank you!

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Last edited:

SMWALKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice PPV 6.0
Guys, is there anybody that could be able to unlock the VIM / driving lockouts outside Australia?
Here in Brazil the shipping and customs costs are crazy, totally crazy.
I really appreciate if somebody could help. I have an obdlink mx if it can help... thank you!

Was not sure what head unit you have but here are some DIY instructions for the V9 radio?? Think that was the ones before the IQ setup??

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwykeXNkauG0X3lWVlB5bzl1S2s/view