Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

QLD - brief rundown on custom plate laws

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
The rear plate should be in the center of the vehicle, unless of course it is a factory fitment off to one side, such as some 4x4's you see with it up on the rear of the vehicle, offset to allow for the rear doors to open.
The front can be mounted off to one side, HOWEVER, I am pretty sure it has to be offset to the left side of the vehicle, nearest the curb. The reason is obvious...if you put it around on the right hand side, it is harder for the nice policeman with a camera on the roadside to get your plate, as they normally set it up to get the front of cars coming towards them, so if your plate was too far around, you could be done for an obstructed number plate. My son got a warning after going out bush bashing in our old ute, as the front licence plate, hanging under the bumper, got bent back under the bar and was kinda hard to see.

And yes, they have to be visible, clearly, from something like 10 to 20 meters up here, again because of speed cameras. If they are chipped or faded, you can be fined quite nicely...despite everyone saying that if the paint is poor quality, it shouldn't be your fault... :bang:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
well vic doesnt have ongoing fees ... $395 once off
i just hope nobody in qld is willing to spend $2200 on sosage hahah

coz its MINE and i'll get it when i can i guess

:rip: savings
you can layby the plates...