Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

QLD police used to have a blue HSV VF Clubsport 340kw?

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi all

Does anyone know or can anyone confirm if the QLD police ever owned a HSV VF Clubsport 340kw, blue in colour?

Friend has just purchased a used one and thinks his car is ex QLD police?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi all

Does anyone know or can anyone confirm if the QLD police ever owned a HSV VF Clubsport 340kw, blue in colour?

Friend has just purchased a used one and thinks his car is ex QLD police?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
Its possible...
Many years ago, the local commander at the Preston Police had a Coupe 4 to drive around in. In blue and white police colours.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I believe they also had a red and yellow one as well - I've seen the red one at a Sydney dealer maybe a year or so ago had HSV build plate on the console from memory, instead of the usual Clubsport R8 etc the car I saw was designated SVR, I've forgotten its number I was thinking there were only four such HSV's - but I see on the side of those blue ones "Fatal 5" so I guess there were 5 of them.
Edit, I just looked on Carsales I had seen the yellow one advertised there and just realized the car on Carsales is a 2011 VEII (E3), now I'm not sure if it was a VF or VEII (E3) that I saw - the yellow VE II on Carsales is asking $79,000
Edit again, it seems Fatal5 and Fatal4 is a road safety campaign and not an indicator of the number of HSV's that they had. Google images shows a number of cars in different colours
https://www.carsales.com.au/private...-Vehicles-Clubsport-2011/SSE-AD-4727816/?Cr=0

http://www.ozemergencyservices.com.au/index.php?/category/7803

Last edited:

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
why would you want a ex cop car? theres nothing different about them to a standard car and most the time they have been flogged?

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
why would you want a ex cop car? theres nothing different about them to a standard car and most the time they have been flogged?

Hi

Who is this question to? If it was a VL turbo ex cop car I will put my hands up!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Saw a silver HSV cop car in NSW a few weeks ago so they definitely exist.
I bought a ex police VX SS years ago. Easy to tell, It said Victorian highway patrol on the first owner sticker that they put in the book etc. Also had some minor repairs to parts of the dash where holes had been patched. Also it had done 50,000ks in less than a year........ another key indicator.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Hi

Who is this question to? If it was a VL turbo ex cop car I will put my hands up!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
just a general question? most people think that buying a ex cop car means its got more performance or something? i have a few friends in the force and they have told me storys about frying there brakes and rotors cos they just dont give a ****.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
just a general question? most people think that buying a ex cop car means its got more performance or something? i have a few friends in the force and they have told me storys about frying there brakes and rotors cos they just dont give a ****.
Those ‘police’ calipers they put on are probably more durable and cheaper to replace, not better...not by a country mile. The main difference to normal cars is alternator and second battery.