Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Qld Sunshine coast who tunes vn memcals?

allan01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman 185i
Would like to get my vn v8 re tuned, the current tune is a twin tune setup by fueltronics with a switch running to the memcal that makes it over fuel when engaged, not a big fan of the setup that came with the car and also have no idea what cam is in the car. Would like to getbit tuned to a single tune with no switch. Cheers Al

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
No one I know of really does much tuning. Had nothing but dramas trying to find some one to tune an old 5 litre. I ended up using a guy in NSW. Ace Performance.

H

harrop.senator

I was about to say if you get stuck remove cam read the number stamped into it / put a bigger one in if less then a 276 :p and either get Joe at ace , Nige the1 or even delcowizzid might do you a mail order.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
There is also chip torque in Brisbane, but I'd go with one of the ones harrop senator suggested . You do need to know what cam if it's mail order tune.
Hopefully mines going to behave itself this year and I can save to have joe at ace retune mine.
Don't know but I think chip torque do live tunes , Brisbane is a short run from sunshine coast, think from memory their mail order tunes aren't cheap but if they do live tunes and your happy with current setup apart from twin tune part they're worth a phone call.

H

harrop.senator

They did the memcal in my senator was extremely old n don't know if was for mine in particular or bought used but was shocking.

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
Barry at Brushworks Slick Sixes dyno tunes delcos for $1200 with 3 follow up tunes. He is based at Virginia.
(07) 3266 9333