Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quadrajet to holley

Guzzoline addict

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
Hi all, I have a Quadrajet and redline standard type manifold with the air cleaner sticking out of the bonnet on the car i am building at the moment ,but i am looking to change the carb and manifold to a 650 holley and edelbrock torker manifold at a later date(once i am finished the car). My question is will the air cleaner sit in the same place when i change carb and manifold?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
All manifolds aren't the same height, so best bet is to look around on the net and find a pic of a car like urs running the intake and carby u wanna run. Whether it sits a bit higher or lower, ya should be able to find a suitable filter (or spacer) to get it sitting at a similar height anyways.

Guzzoline addict

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
It,s not really the height ,it,s the centre of the air cleaner that i was worried about.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
the thing is, both the redline torker and edelbrock torker will fit under the bonnet with no mods. so i cant figure out why yours is poking through, unless there is some kind of 4 inch carby spacer and tall air cleaner.

also, people usually use the redline on a VK engine cos' it has a choice of 3 center bolt holes which you have to drill to fit. the edelbrock torker only has 1 and it only fits red (pre-pollution) heads, so if you have VK black heads, the edelbrock aint' gonna bolt up.