Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quality aftermarket VS Radiators?

Nessie1996

Joel Ryan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Lexcen - Buick 3.8L
I've had some major overheating issues lately and its down to an old and ineffective radiator that has been screwed over the years. So I'm looking into getting a new radiator.

Any one know of an awesome aftermarket sports/racing radiator? (Preferably under $600)

Cheers.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I purchased one from Race Radiators in Dandenong VIC which was very good. However, when I had to replace it I purchased one off eBay (largely because I couldn't wait 4-6 weeks for one to be made). It's not as good but it does the job for half the price. I paid $650 but that was over 10 years ago.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
The standard radiator is fine if your not pushing huge power.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
The only time my motor got hot with the stock rad was at Powercruise flat out all day. By hot i mean 3/4 on the guage which is pretty rare.

Nessie1996

Joel Ryan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Lexcen - Buick 3.8L
No, my radiator just went through the hottest summer on record in WA with little coolant. I've not really been 'with it' lately and then started to notice my heat gauge was regularly exceeding 50% and 75% while static. A new thermostat, full engine clean up and minor radiator flush (home job) has helped the issue but I still need a new one. I've ####ed the stock one :(

Cheers for the ideas so far guys! :)