Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quarter glass , burglars keyless entry?

traro100

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
gidday guys, while at work on night shift last week my vt executive was broken into. the quarter glass was removed cleanly, without any signs of it being forced. Got replacement and in process of installing it, after close inspection , this glass pane is held in place to metal frame with rubber seal only, any ideas as to how I can better secure this to the frame.
I dont have an alarm system in my car , and if I did , and it went off, we wouldnd have heard a thing, we operate loud machinery at my work, my company is so slack they dont have any security at all. Is this a common breakin entry point on commodores, slack design maybe?

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
bad luck mate, but thanks for telling the world bout this flaw lol..

but still if an alarm goes off, it will startle the prick who's breaking into your car, and hopefully scare him enough to get the **** out of there..

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
you can install an ultrasonic sensor for an alarm, or didnt i see someone put a screw into this panel to stop it being removed?

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
I had to replace this section of glass on my VX and im sure there were screws holding it in place - even the car that the replacement window came from had screws in it.

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Steelmate Paging Car Alarm with Coded Disarm and Rechargeable Remotes - Jaycar Electronics

Steelmate Paging Car Alarm

Steelmate Paging Car Alarm with Coded Disarm and Rechargeable Remotes

It is an unfortunate fact that many car thefts these days involve the thief obtaining the keys to the vehicle; this system has been designed to minimise that risk by incorporating a coded disarm feature. When enabled, it will allow the owner to select a 1 - 5 digit pin code that is entered via the remote control and is required to disarm the system. Like our previous systems, this unit also includes two way paging with rechargeable remote controls. The alarm includes long range back-lit LCD paging remote control with integrated rechargeable lithium-ion batteries inside, vibrating motors for when the alarm is triggered and an alarm clock! A 12V cigarette plug charger is provided to keep your remotes topped up while on the go. The alarm system also utilises FSK technology and will relay the status of your vehicle to the key fob of up to 3 kilometres away (direct line of sight). An adjustable 2 - stage shock sensor and microwave sensor siren are supplied with the system to ensure maximum protection of your valuable assets. The included battery back up siren will give continuous sound output even if the wires are tampered or cut off and can only be turned off with the security keys (supplied).

Main Features:
• Coded disarm function keeps your vehicle secure even if thieves have the keys
• Metallic water resistant LCD transmitters with lithium battery
• FSK technology, range up to 3000m
• Valet mode
• Out of operating range warning
• Separate trunk release button
• Comfort closure
• Active arming & passive arming selectable
• Clock setting & alarm setting with sound & vibration in transmitters
• Dome light delay arming

Technical parameters: