Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about Brake pedal travel

getadeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
Hello, I have just changed the Rotors and pads on my VS V6 and i thought that while i was changing things i would change the fluid.

Any way my question is how much travel should there be in the pedal? Should it be rock hard (it isn't at the moment)?

Cheers
Andy

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
have you bed them in yet?, what pads and rotors are they? and how far down do you have to push before the brakes grap? mine goes rock hard after around 1.5cm

getadeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
I have bedded them in, They were P.B.R rotors and pads (from sprints, not happy with the quality but that's all the wife would let me spend.). I push them down about 3 centimetre before hard, I'm pretty sure that they feel the same as before i did them just without the wobble (warp rotors).

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Suggest you replace your brake fluid and bleed the brakes to get rid of any air in the system.

getadeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
I did replace the fluid and bleed the brakes.

Cheers

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I know this may sound stupid but when u changed all the pads did you check that the sliders that the caliber bolts onto were moving freely top and bottom?

I had a problem once with my old VR where it seemed that the brakes were week after replacing all pad and it turned out a few of the sliders had rusted and no longer operated and caused poor pedal feel, once they were un-seized the pedal came up a few cm and there was a noticeable difference in braking performance.

getadeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
No i didn't check the sliders, i might do that next weekend. Thank you HSV91SS

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Smear a light coat of high melting point grease onto both top and bottom slider pins so they slide in and out of the caliper easily.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The brakes may need a few weeks to bed in properly - till then the pedal travel may be excessive......give it time.