Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about clutch.

Rucker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss Ute
Hi guys.

I have a VYSS and was wondering if it is normal that the biting point of the clutch appears to be very high or is it just that the clutch is due for a replacement? If it needs replacing do you have an idea of what a new one will cost me?

Rucker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss Ute
anyone?

I need to know if i am going to replace it when put the car in for a service and also if i need to know if there would be any real difference in price or quality if i went for an aftermarket clutch as opposed to a standard one?

Rucker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss Ute
nope not had any trouble what so ever but i just find it strange how it does not actually reach the biting point until you get close to coming right off the clutch.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
something may need adjusting. my cable could be adjusted to change what you describe, but im not sure how it works with yours as it would be hydraulic. i wouldnt go putting a new clutch in just yet

Rucker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss Ute
ok fair enough.

Thats good because i did not really want to be paying out any more than i have to at the moment. Thanks for that i may try to find out if it is possible to change the biting point then.

rhysyvtss

chev badges for sale!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
y series r8 clubby, wicked vn
as is my y series clubby, but keep an eye on ur fluid happens to be my clutch tank at next to the brake one ws dry today when i lost the clutch at the servo

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
therer no adjustment they are a self adjusting hydraulic clutch
best bet to go a aftermarket clutch
depending on what you use it for
best bet would be ether
mal wood or tex Z or X grip