Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

question about keeping traction in utes and getting used to power. 290RKW.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Traction control = Right foot you will just get used to it i mean there way more powerful cars on the road. That can break traction but its the drivers who choose to be sensible. With great power comes traction issues how we deal with them makes you Spiderman? or a good driver.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Sounds like you and your friend are quite inexperienced drivers.

Good throttle control will sort ALL of those problems out. Perhaps you should consider taking a defensive driving course before adding more power to your already powerful car.
No points received for killing yourself in a crash.

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
Sounds like you and your friend are quite inexperienced drivers.

Good throttle control will sort ALL of those problems out. Perhaps you should consider taking a defensive driving course before adding more power to your already powerful car.
No points received for killing yourself in a crash.

I did the ian luff motivation course 1 in a untuned vy tonner ls1 with rear leafs.. was good...
they are offering a performance only course now... certain cars have to meet a criteria...

Don't know where you got the whole "inexperienced driver" from?. Just havent been in a 300kw car before bud.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I think the general consensus is as follows;

1. Get good tyres
2. Drive with traction control on when derping around town
3. If you plant it, you may experience traction issues, so be sensible where and when you do it
4. Defensive driving courses FTW. I did one when I was on my P's, amazing stuff to learn.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I did the ian luff motivation course 1 in a untuned vy tonner ls1 with rear leafs.. was good...
they are offering a performance only course now... certain cars have to meet a criteria...

Don't know where you got the whole "inexperienced driver" from?. Just havent been in a 300kw car before bud.

Just calling it as I see it man. Don't get offended as I wasn't trying to insult you. Just suggesting that perhaps some more years behind the wheel would be a good idea.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Experience beats T/C any day. Better to turn it off and learn throttle control than slam it let the electronics control it. That's why Motor GP is now boring but the old 500s were exiting racing.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
thanks for the replys guys.... i understand normal driving is fine but what i meant at the start of the thread if I happen to nail the car on the exit of the freeway ... or drop down to second on the freeway will i break traction and all **** would break loose is what I don't want...

Apparently you did an Ian Luff? driving course so WHY would you want to drop down to second gear on a freeway (presumedly 110 zone). That's just DUMB driving and a good way to kill people.

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
Apparently you did an Ian Luff? driving course so WHY would you want to drop down to second gear on a freeway (presumedly 110 zone). That's just DUMB driving and a good way to kill people.

should of framed that one a bit better... to overtake in an emergency quickly as for example...
Threads pretty much been answered
on your way mate

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
sorry but there is no reason to overtake in an emergency. Wouldn't slowing down be the better option there?