Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

question about keeping traction in utes and getting used to power. 290RKW.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
drop down to second on the freeway will i break traction and all **** would break loose is what I don't want... same with launching off in 1st gear its just going spin its ass off. :D

Please don't drive on any South Australian or Queensland roads, I don't want to get a phone call saying one of my family member are dead thanks to a hectk driver with a 290wk ute.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
You drive a 6 speed and you're thinking of dropping it into second on the freeway? No matter the situation thats not smart or going to end well.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Even with 3.9's I wouldn't ever consider second gear at freeway speeds.

Freeways have more than one lane so you can change lanes and overtake safely without having to do something idiotic.

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
oh sorry. I completly forgot to add what diff gear im running. :) :) :) :)

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
whats so wrong with dropping into second on 80km freeway to overtake?

this thread was just to ask what I was in for as I've never driven a 300kw car before and will 245 profile width be ample enough.... Which is in its own right thinking of safety....

its gone from constructive critism to abuse thinking im going to be a dick on the roads?

Ian luff stage 1 we are learnt to emergency overtake at speed then brake hard to enable abs off to the side in a different lane in worst case scenario...
but thats not even the point of this thread.

What If I told you if sit back and think for a second what the whole point of this thread is?
It all comes down to safety if you think hard enough

Last edited:

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
What If I told you if sit back and think for a second what the whole point of this thread is?
It all comes down to safety if you think hard enough

^^agree with you bradizle

there's been a few posts picking up on you for your examples as opposed to saying good on you for thinking to ask about safety with regards to your power mods/upgrades - a nice contrast to say, a thread from a first time poster (and P plater) asking how to make their new auto V6 omega go faster!