Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about lowered front springs...

Gosling1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Series 1
During a shed clean-out a couple of years ago - a mate of mine gave me a pair of front springs, reckoned they were lowered and would fit the VN.

The only identifying tag on them says HF 12L, and what looks like a batch-number - 9303NB (March 1993 ??)

They are red springs (assume old Pedders ?) - and look basically 'brand-new'. I dropped past the local Pedders shop today - they reckon that the part number is 'way old' (>12 years?) - but they did drag out a brand-new lowered spring to suit a VN - the overall diameter of the 2 springs was the same, same thickness of wire in the coil.......but the old ones I have looked about 30-40mm taller ???

Can anyone tell me if these will fit the VN (V6), and if they are actually lowered ?? Any help would be much appreciated, if these will fit the VN and are lower than stock, I would like to fit them up ASAP.

cheers
Dave
:)

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
Hey,

If the old ones you have look 30-40mm taller then maybe they are just stiffer, stock-height sports springs or something. Im not too sure. But if the pedders people can't help you - i would say that the best/only way to find out is to fit them and see how it goes. From what you've said it sounds like they'll fit - but it doesnt sound like they'll lower it much at all.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
but how low were the lowed ones you compared them to?
because of the age i would expect them to be about fe2.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They are a Lovells spring, HF12L: H=Holden, F=Front, 12=Lovells identification ie model variant, L=Low.

Gosling1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Series 1
.....They are a Lovells spring, HF12L: H=Holden, F=Front, 12=Lovells identification ie model variant, L=Low......

cheers buddy :thumbsup: - I'll give the Lovells site a nudge, and see what the deal is. I will be doing a brake upgrade shortly to the 290mm discs, so will do both these jobs at the same time......

:)