Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

question about lowering

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
just a quick question to those who have lowered a VZ ute with superlows. did you need to change anything else apart from the springs? shocks, camber kit... anything? and how much did it all set you back?

cheers

Ganzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S UTE 175 M6
I had mine do with pedders, looks great but the front has saged 15mm more.
had a camber kit put in the back thats about it, cost $850 total. all over i love it, drives great with no body roll,

000_0026.jpg

if any thing i would like front little higher. hope that helps

Ganzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S UTE 175 M6
i think they said it was 50mm in the front without the extra saging 15mm,
rear was around the 60 - 65mm, the camber kit needed to be put in on the back because the wheels would scrub out on the inside too quick.
here a before picture for you.
PIC_0006.jpg

big differents

kmbattle

Reaction score
Hey troy ive got king superlows in my ute with standard shocks and no camber kit. Still drives reasonably good with no tyre wear problems.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 337

Barcode

lllllllllllllllll
Reaction score
Troy711 said:
just a quick question to those who have lowered a VZ ute with superlows. did you need to change anything else apart from the springs? shocks, camber kit... anything? and how much did it all set you back?

cheers

I lowered mine with lovells super lows
cost around 180 pair for springs
used original shocks ( mine being ss has fe2 already so kept original shocks)
Fitted myself - took about 3 hours all up ( rear is piss easy but front a bit fiddly as you have to compress springs - used air tools so made job easier)
No camber kit - when had it aligned after fitment ( day after picking car up) tyre place told me settings were good - however i have found that i do get tyre wearbut it handles really good. i talked to them again after fitting second set of tyres and they told me with the settings i have a camber kit would not help much as the main problem is when the back end squats when under acceleration which in my case is a fair bit

If anyone has better personal results from fitting the camber kits love to hear about it but at this stage i will just live with the way it is as the handling is great and drives nice
Hope this and the picks help

Attachments

• Side1.JPG
    Side1.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 374
  • side3.JPG
    side3.JPG
    599.9 KB · Views: 377

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
well i've only put king lows in my ute, but when i was talking to the tyre place about it they recommended getting the camber adjusted on the rear if i was going to be having big loads in the rear alot (not a camber kit though) but if you only rarely load it up you don't need to get it done ...

i didn't get it done and so far the rears have worn great (had the springs for about 30,000km's now) i'd say though if the lows do it then its only going to get worse with the super lows ....