Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

question about the ecommodore

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
im sure you have heard about the ecommodore, they hybrid petrol electric car based off a VT with a monaro back. anyway, on another forum i use someone was saying that they actually built 1500 of these and they toured around the country with the olympic torch. when the relay was over they were sold for around 25K - 30K and that most dealers were given 2 or 3 to sell.

can anyone confirm or deny this?

jacko

Reaction score
ive never heard anything like that, im pretty sure they used normal VT commodores in the olympic torch run. the ecommodore was a concept which was never brought into production, and if they were given to dealers afterwards you'd think some people would have seen some on the road by now. I dont think its true, but hey i could be wrong.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
they were normal vt's used 4 the olympics

ive talked 2 ppl who got 1, they just had an olympic badge on them

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
The ecommodore was on display at the paralympics. Don't know about the olympics.

Mike

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
yeh it was displayed or showed when the olympic torch first touched down in aus in alice springs or wherever uluru is... then it wwent to the museum.