Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question for the tuners....

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey guy's, i Have a VP V6 auto, which starts and runs fine, however it does have a slight missfire when idling. Could a missfire on idle, also affect it's overall performance? Is it possible to be solved with a memcal tune, or should i take it to somewhere like Ultra Tune. The miss fire dosent really bother me too much, but it's just reached the stage where it's the next thing on my to do list:thumbsup:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Can't tune a car that's broken, well you can but it will be of no real point and yes anything that's not right like a miss will be affecting it's performance

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
thanks foamy, how much do you charge for a tune for the Buick 6? and how backed up are you? oh and she's not broken:cry:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
if its missing, then its not running right, broken, u will need to rectify the miss, then get foamy to do u a tune n it will go harder, but not if its missing.

Id be cleaning out ur throttle body and changing plugs n leads see if that fixes ur miss

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
i was joking about broken, cleaned TB, new plugs, new leads, new filters, new oil, new radiator.....oh, and new engine and gearbox mounts. But yeah, that miss is still there...Ultra tune it is then, just hope they dont charge too much. Foamy, might get back to you about the tune, after i've sorted the miss:thumbsup:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Sure it's broken :) you said it's got a miss, well unless you mean the default miss that Holden built into them. I've allways got time for easy stuff, hard stuff not so much, theres allways a few of those in waiting.

The trouble with these older V6's is that most of them are not running anywhereeee near how they should be, it's hard to make a cow into a racehorse unless it's been fixed to be at least a normal horse first

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I'll give the guy's at ultra a buzz, and see what they come up with, then i'll let you know, what happens to the V6 memcal, is it just similar to a SV 3800 tune?

virgin commo

OZ Rocks
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vs 5spd wagon
try a new coil for your sixpack and change it from pos 1 to pos 2 etc until the miss disapears.
New coils cost about $65 $70 and replacing all three is well worth the time.