Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question for those with the Police Pack

kwaka738

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09 Berlina Sportwagon
Also, surveillance mode can be activated in any VE by holding both dimmer buttons in.

I read this in the handbook just the other day and activated the other night. I do like the fact that it shut down the lights to the centre console radio section, especially for country driving, but one thing I didn't like is that it shut down the light to the temperature gauge (as well as the fuel gauge). It's comforting to be able to occasionally look at the temp gauge.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If the temp gets too high you get a visible/audible warning. I hear you though I myself glance at temps often.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Why not just use the digital speedo ? I like it, its the best thing on the dash in my VE. You don't need the average fuel display as you know if its going to be high or low just by how much boot you've been giving it. Not sure if the SV6 has the triple window dash or not ? On the Berlina i've got digital speed and average fuel at the same time.

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
I notice there is a difference between the Surveillance mode using the button on the roof behind the map lights... and pressing the +/- buttons on the headlamp switch.

The roof one shuts off everything but leaves the little lights on the transmission (the ones for D, N, R etc) and the lights on the power windows... and it kills the speaker for the indicator sound so that your blinkers make no clicking noises

Using the +/- buttons turns everything off including the power window lights and transmission lights (so you cant see those things in the dark) but they don't affect the click speaker so you still hear your blinkers

Checked the brake disks with a tape measure... as I had said in the post above they are larger front to back... they appear to be the v8 discs that RiceY says above

exvebt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
exvebt1
are crap i got a ve omega chaser its easy as press in the scroll button left hold in and start car when started let go then go down to find the digital and then press scroll then you can change it should now in engineering mode ladies !

stubec16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe Sportswagon LPG
On the Berlina i've got digital speed and average fuel at the same time.

How do you get this? I have Series II Equipe and I believe it has the same triple window display as the Berlina, but when my digital speedo is on, I only get 'instant fuel' and 'range' in the other windows. I havn't been able to get the digi speedo and average fuel at the same time.

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan
I have just purchased (Yet to be delivered by dealer) a highway patrol 2014 vf ss wagon, what extras am I going to be expected to find in a police pack car??

Tony310864

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder Ute
Maybe The much talked about police chip, if you want see one look between the seats and the console as that is where they end up when the police drop them. :)

Tony.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I have just purchased (Yet to be delivered by dealer) a highway patrol 2014 vf ss wagon, what extras am I going to be expected to find in a police pack car??

A timely post, there is an article in todays Sunday Telegraph (Sydney newspaper) about what Police HWP will be using post Falcon and Commodore. The NSW Police say their cars have special brakes over and above the normal brakes. Even claiming there have been fewer pursuits as the crooks realise brakes will run out before the Police brakes. I don't recall there being a mention of Police brakes being different from standard SS before. With VF II there is the $350 brake upgrade that was evidently developed for US Police specs, I don't know it's even used on local Police spec cars. I think police normally have higher output alternator than standard and even a dual battery setup. I recall with older Commodores that police option cars did have map reading lights like a Calais that obviously weren't typical of base cars.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6

the standard FE3 suspension , and police brake pack , possibly the surveillance mode switch if not removed by dealer , and a worn drivers seat bolster , and the chips down the side of them .