Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question for those with the Police Pack

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
Hi
I just bought a surplus ex-cop sv6 commodore (two months old with get this... 700kms on the clock!!! Seriously. They bought it, moved it between stations twice and then asked Holden to auction it and about 6 of its mates... what a waste of tax dollars eh? )

I know they have bigger brakes (looks like the rotors are thicker but I need to know what rotors and pads it has so I know what to change when it gets to that point). And I know it has some sort of High-Output alternator. And I found the nice button in front of the sunglasses holder that makes the dash lights all go out (enjoyed scaring the missus with THAT one! hehehe)

Firstly I'd like to know what else is done differently on the 2013 VEs at factory to make then a Police Pack...

And secondly, How do I stop it from automatically going to the large digital sped by default when it starts. It remembers every other setting I change (air con settings, lock doors at speed, unlock on park etc) but in my previous commodore I always left it on the Avg Fuel/Speed screen but this one when I leave it on any screen it defaults back to the digital speedo... I understand that might be a police setting but is it, and how can I stop it doing that?

Thanks

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
You can't. Holden Dealer may be able to do it !!

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
In the Customization menu hit enter and look for digital speedo and then deactivate it.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Not all police cars are "special". Most are just standard cars with sirens etc. Its the pursuit/highway cars that have upgraded suspension, and other little "additions". ( in SA at least)

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
In the Customization menu hit enter and look for digital speedo and then deactivate it.

Tried that... but there is no option for Digital Speedo in the customisation options display (there was on my previous sedan... but not on this Police one...

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
go in to the service menu, not the customise options menu. you can de-activate the digi speedo there.

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
go in to the service menu, not the customise options menu. you can de-activate the digi speedo there.

There is no service menu - how/where do I find that?

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
I don't think you can change it on the police pack. But you can for non police pack.

A dealer may be able to change it in the programming.

stubec16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe Sportswagon LPG
Hi
I just bought a surplus ex-cop sv6 commodore (two months old with get this... 700kms on the clock!!! Seriously. They bought it, moved it between stations twice and then asked Holden to auction it and about 6 of its mates... what a waste of tax dollars eh? )

Not a waste of tax dollars. Police buy them ex GST and at a discount. They still would have made money.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
They dont have bigger brakes, the rotors are standard and the pads are the same size but a different material on the front, rear pads are standard. Police pads have a grey backing plate as opposed to the normal black backing plate.

To change dash defaults it needs to be reprogrammed as a normal car not a Police car.