Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question: VF Sv6 wheel fitment

Altimize

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi this is my first time posting, not sure whether or not this is the right section, anyway;

I currently have an SV6 Ute with the stock 18" wheels pictured below. My question was whether or not i could fit some 19" SSV wheels (see picture) onto the car? Would there be any issues fitting these wheels? I have seen other VF's getting around with these wheels on them.

Thank you

Attachments

• $(KGrHqVHJEIFHZvlYzf(BR8-jioVgg--60_35.JPG
    $(KGrHqVHJEIFHZvlYzf(BR8-jioVgg--60_35.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 492
  • $_75.JPG
    $_75.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 600

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
No dramas other than your speedo will be slightly out. Of course all cars post 2003 are anyways.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No dramas other than your speedo will be slightly out. Of course all cars post 2003 are anyways.

How will it effect the speedo? The op just has to make sure the rolling radius is identical between the two, by fitting the correct 19" tyres and the speedo will read the exactly same....

Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact fitament of the tyres, with the 19" range to have the same rolling radius, as what the 18" ones are

SnowDoggyDogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
True if you keep the rolling radius the same, but then ride quality will of course be more harsh as you have less side wall on your tyre.

Last edited:

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
VE and VF have the same wheels and hubs. 245/45 R18 is standard size, versus 245/35 R19.

SnowDoggyDogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Check your tyre placard in your driver's door. If you don't have one that corresponds to your wheels than you can get into some strife with tyre shops providing warranty on tyres and possibly your insurer if your in an accident. As your looking for OEM wheels you can get the correct placard from Holden or online.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Check your tyre placard in your driver's door. If you don't have one that corresponds to your wheels than you can get into some strife with tyre shops providing warranty on tyres and possibly your insurer if your in an accident. As your looking for OEM wheels you can get the correct placard from Holden or online.

Rubbish...as long as the tyre load rating is correct for the vehicle and the rolling radius isn't increased by more than 5% (I think), the car is perfectly legal and NO tyre shop will void a tyre warranty, NOR will any insurance company void a claim

SnowDoggyDogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Hmm then Bob Jane's were giving me porkie pies when I put HSV 20" in my car but only had a 19" placard in door. They sold me the tyres as not fitted despite putting them on until I produced a tyre placard the next week. I told them it seemed stupid but they said it was the letter of the law here in QLD.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hmm then Bob Jane's were giving me porkie pies when I put HSV 20" in my car but only had a 19" placard in door. They sold me the tyres as not fitted despite putting them on until I produced a tyre placard the next week. I told them it seemed stupid but they said it was the letter of the law here in QLD.

Yep, they bullcrudded to you.....The one law that is uniform throughout Australia, when it comes to motor vehicles is tyre fitament......I stated the requirements that are allowed these days, Australia wide......Even using the old rules (I mean ones from 10 years ago), you could still legally fit 20" wheels to your car, as it was optioned with that size, without a tyre placard change.....

FWIW, Bob Jane = full of crap.....how they stay in business is beyond me

And I started in the tyre game when I was living in QLD....I moved to S.A 20 years ago