Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey everyone

In a few months ill be changing my cat back to a redback sports exhuast cus my current catback is too quite

Now with there sports exhuasts is that the one with only one sport muffler in it?

I remeber someone telling me that the redback sport 2.5 catback has only one muffler, i dont know if this is true or not

Just though id ask to clear it up

Thanks guys

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
redback is a brand and you either buy one with a resinator or without one. Just tell them you want one muffler

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
redback is a brand and you either buy one with a resinator or without one. Just tell them you want one muffler

ahh kk though so, also are there any good brands of highflow cats? or are they all the same really?

mines on its way out so im gunna get a highflow one

cheers mate

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
apparently the stock ones are high flow.
surprised me to.
No need to change it unless you are working it a hell of a lot.

nicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
stock ones aren't "high flow" It's just that you need to start pushing a fair bit of power before they start to become a limit on your horsepower. Unless you plan to charge or turbo your car just get some stock ones or even some second hand ones.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
stock ones aren't "high flow" It's just that you need to start pushing a fair bit of power before they start to become a limit on your horsepower. Unless you plan to charge or turbo your car just get some stock ones or even some second hand ones.

once im off my p's i wud like to charge it in about 2yrs time i can get a new highflow for like half the price saves me doing it in a year or so time anyway

back to my orignal question lol are there any better brands or they all the same?

nicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
magnaflow i believe are a well used brand

nicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
im sure each shop will be more loyal to one type of brand so maybe just ask them what they recommend or use on their own cars.