Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question

Cashy563

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden ve commodore
Hey guys got a question for you all…

I have a 2007 Holden ve commodore, I have a problem with it ok I have a hole in the rear exhaust pipe leading to having a bad oxygen sensor O2, It was fine when I got the car recently but today it decided to shut off, I asked racv about it and the guy said apparently I have a seized engine…. The crank pulley won’t turn over but I’ve tried turning the car on and wants to click over but it doesn’t. Someone said to take all 6 spark plugs out and wind over the engine. Any suggestions on how to by pass it and would the engine con bcm have anything to do with it thanks.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No the ECM or BCM will have nothing to do with this.

You have some serious issues and being such a complex car with computer networks all over it, you need some pretty special bits of gear to navigate the networks and see the data to find a fix. That takes a lot of skill.

The days of a cheap car and easy bodgy fixes are in the past. Pre 1988.

Cars are easily electronically written off.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The hole in the rear exhaust pipe needs more specific info. Holes in the front of the exhaust and holes before the exhaust and holes after the Mass Air Flow Sensor behind the air box are all going to contribute to poor O2 sensor data because there is unmetered air entering the system and affecting sensors down stream.

Specific info is needed to know if the hole affected the pre cat sensor or the post cat sensor.

If the hole was after the post cat sensor, it won’t be a player in this problem.

As for knowing if the engine is seized, yes pulling the plugs and turning the motor over by hand will be a reliable method.

This is easy if it’s a V8.
If it’s a V6 it’s not.

To get to the plugs, the intake manifold has to come off and then the coils removed. Remove the plugs.

Release the accessory belt by applying leverage to the belt tensioner on the front of the motor.
You need a deep ½” socket and long breaker bar to turn the motor over. You will do that front the bolt on the balancer which is central to the engine, down the bottom at the front.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Seized engine is due to -

1) a lack of oil
2) failed oil pump.