Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question ??

blake_111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
hey guy just a question do u no if i take the last muffla out if it will change the sound of the car much and can u have it straight though after the cat??

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Oh yeah, it'll change the noise alright...:yeah:

Straight through after the cat? that'll change it even more...:D

Is anyone else finding it hard to get a good "note" out of an Ecotec? I've been thinking about a replacement exhaust system on our VX-II for when this one finally gives up the ghost, but I'm a bit put off by most of the V6 Commodores I hear.
How do I put this tactfully? ...I love the Ecotec...I think they're a great design...it's just that...well...with a set of headers and a free-flowing system they sound like a wet fart in a tin box.:whistling

They simply don't seem to be capable of emitting a decent note...any engineers out there explain why? The nearest I could come was someone suggesting it may be the firing order or possible the way the exhaust pulses travel down the given length of pipe...maybe something to do with a crossover pipe either being there or not...I know having a crossover pipe makes a massive difference to the way a BMW motorbike Boxer twin sounds.
Perversly, some quite standard systems sometimes sound better than one set up with extractors and a free flowing good quality exhaust system...

Any ideas?

blake_111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
cheers mate gettin my car back from the shop next week ganna give the straight through from the cat a go and see what it sounds like got a mig and pipe should be fun haha ill let you no how the sound changes and if it sounds like a wet fart in a tin can haha well mines not a eco tec so we will see ill try get a recording of it lol
thanks