Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

question

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
how long should a exhaust company take to install some extractors?

if i dropped the car off at say 3.30-3.45, would the shop have enough time?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
enough time to get it back to you............... when? same day? next week if it was a thursday? next day or 2? when did they say they would finish it?

normally it'll take a few hours, but if they're busy they might be back n forth from urs to others, so possibly it could take a full day.

when you dropped it off, they should have told you when to come back, if they didnt, did u ask them when it'll be ready?

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
havent taken it in yet, im trying to organise a time to take it in between work

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
ahhhh :)

well i would suss out how busy they are, n see if one day is less busier, then u can book it in early (say 3) so u know it'll be done by 5. all you need to do is ask/tell em, that you can only be without it for those 2 hours and require it completed by 5. as long as your polite they shouldnt have a problem.

the exhaust place is the only joint that can answer your original question, as to how long they need it for. if they cant, try ringing around a couple other joints :thumbsup:

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
i dont mind them having it past 5, i just dont knock off work until 3 lol.

I may have a way i can get it too them at around 12 on my lunch break, which would be good because then i could pick it up in the afternoon after work whenever

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
look it may only take em an hour, pending the type of headers to install, but all im saying is, only they can give u times, and they will recommend when its best to give it to them to have it back to you in a timely manner.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
They will probably have to let it cool down for a while before they start work on it. Why not drop it in before work and that way they have got all day to do it.