Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Questions about a Series 2 VS

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Hi guys,

Well it appears as though I'll be getting myself a red manual VS V6 station wagon at the end of the year :D. It belongs to the company I work for, which is also my dad's company, and I'll be getting it for probably $3000. Anyway, it's in great shape so I'm not really worried about any mechanical problems - fairly new clutch (it's done about 236,000kms), new diff (about 2 weeks old), new exhaust, CAI. Heavy duty suspension because there was always a couple hundred kilos of stuff in the back.

Anyway, I have just a couple of questions:

It's an Executive station wagon. Is it possible to fit 17"x8" rims into it? I would love 8" rims but I know they don't fit nicely into a VN without scrubbing.

Moreover, has anyone got any pictures of the VS Clubsport wheels? I *think* they're the ones I've been trying to find. 5 spokes, they sort of branch outwards from the centre with a flat surface? I had a photo on my phone but I think I put it on the computer at work. Anyway, they're the coolest wheels ever (in my eyes :)) and I'd love to get some.

Ummm... Yeah... Any prominent problems in the VS I should be looking out for? As far as I know it's in really good condition and the guy who's been driving it for the last 5 years isn't too much of a hoon.

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
do you mean like these? they're vr clubsport wheels. sorry i dunno about the 8" fitment. hope this helps.

Attachments

• vsber14.jpg
    vsber14.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 187
  • 3649457.jpg
    3649457.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 197
  • vrcal13.jpg
    vrcal13.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 210

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Yeah! Them's the ones! I can never tell the difference between the VS and the VR :). Certainly does help though, now I know what they're from.

How wide are they?

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Thanks man :D Champion! Now if only someone can confirm if the Exec VS wagon will be comfortable with 8" wheels :)

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Aha! Remembered one of my other questions.

I have a 2.5" Redback exhaust on my VN, stock cat and everything AFAIK, is it possible to swap it straight over to the VS? Or does this call for a new one? The exhaust on the VS is new but it's stock size :(.

If I can't make a straight swap, what's a recommendation for the cheapest 'good' exhaust system I can put into a VS? I hear that 2 1/4" is better than 2 1/2" for a Buick V6?

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
8" wide wheels will fit fine. As for the exuast... im guessing it wont fit as sedan and wagon are different. Go a single 2.5" from the cat back. Will set you back $250 - $400.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Ahh, of course, I was forgetting the wagon was longer and everything. Sigh... There goes my sexy $90 stainless steel exhaust tip :).

Thanks for your information!

vs-s-pak-ute

Cowboys From Hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-pack Ute
with the wheels u can get them in 17" but they arent originals. i'm not sure what brand they are?

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
A VR HSV model with 16" wheels? I know that the wheels are available in both 16" and 17" (I have 16"x7" VR GTS wheels on my VN), but I assumed that the 16"s were copies made by HSV for people who wanted smaller wheels?

Surely the HSVs were using 17" on the base models in 94/95?