Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

questions about springs

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey guy's, firstly yes i know this topic has been covered like a million and one times, however, i've just been searching and reading for about an hour now, and theirs a lot of mixed answers to my question, so here goes. I want to lower my car, i figure i will just use King Springs, as these seem to one of the more affordable and readily available options. Are SSL and Ultra the same , if so why do they have different names. From this i assume SSSL is the lowest type that they sell? People have also mentioned thier are two different types of Ultra's? Plus many other mixed replies in threads. If the SSSL are the lowest, are they much lower than ultra, or SSL, whichever one it is... If SSSL is the lowest option, and i choose to go with that, would i get away with on standard wheels..i.e 15's..? I've looked on the King Spring website, but unless you understand all the codes that they use or you know exactly what your looking for, it's kinda useless, so any help you guy's can give me, i'd really appreciate it.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Lows = almost Fe2 equivalent. Good for a more stable ride while mantaining stock looks.
Superlows = nice height, low enough to look sporty without looking dumped
Ultralows = dumped, scraping on speed humps, asking for cop attention
Anything lower = very silly, but people still do it.

The codes for the springs can be wierd. I think the code for the superlows I have fitted in my Statesman is KHPR-22 or something similar. Rears would be KHPR-20HD for live axle Superlows maybe.

Front Ultralows for you would be KHPR-22SL at the front, and KHPR-20SL at the rear. If you have IRS, you want 46SL I think? Maybe 46HD? I'm not sure. 46 something.

But basically, KHPR is the precode for springs.

No, wait, now I remember. The difference between SL and SSL is that SL is generally V8 and SSL is generally V6. I think that's because V6 springs sit naturally lower because the engine is lighter, while the V8 springs are higher set and stiffer, so they sit the same with the heavy motor.

So it depends if you want V6 or V8 springs for the car. V8 springs will be stiffer. I had V8 springs in my V6 VP.

If you wanted the V6 springs in the front anyway, they'd be 22SL for superlows and 22SSL for ultralows. 20HD for rears superlow, or 20SL for rears ultralow.

What a wierd system... I hope I didn't just make all of that up :p

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
haha, yeah it's a bit confusing still, i guess if your in the know, then after a while it all makes sense and seems pretty, simple.