Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Questions ! I'm selling our VF Storm

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by VFSV6FORME, Sep 30, 2019.

1. VFSV6FORME

VFSV6FORME Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 STORM Series 1
    I would like to ask a quick Question considering I live in QLD
    Can you advertise a car for sale on carsales.com or Gumtree and say after a week or so if you have a buyer that wants to buy the car and after this has happened I will get a RWC before selling it to the person. Can you do this or do you need a RWC before you advertise the car for sale.
    thanks

2. stooge

stooge Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV
    gumtree you can just list it and sell it not sure about carsales.

VFSV6FORME likes this.
  3. rambunctious

rambunctious Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VZ Wagon
    If you look on transport.qld.gov.au you will find the rules are, you must have a safety certificate before advertising the vehicle for sale.
    However a lot of people don't.
    This also applies to ads using the word interested etc
    The fine to my knowledge is $550, however, I don't believe it is policed heavily and the only time you may get caught is driving the car with a sale sign or interested sign without a safety certificate attached.
    Personally, I would get the safety cert first because it is always a good selling point and most safetys in Qld don't exceed $100
    Another thing seems to be happening is there seem to be a number of people with cash money.
    I am talking 20-50000 so again, if you have the safety you can simply take the buyer to transport, or do the transfer online,

and make sure you notify toll roads of the sale straight away or you may end up dealing with a lot of toll costs.

Also make sure you don't only date the transfer, you note the time as well so you don't end up with camera fines.

VFSV6FORME likes this.
  4. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 STORM Series 1
    The best thing I will do is study both Gumtree and Car sales if owners of used cars trying to sell them have RWC first or get them just before the car is sold. I hate wasting money if It does not sell, especially to the greedy Governments.

5. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 STORM Series 1
    GOOD POINT!!!

6. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 STORM Series 1
  7. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    I'd be a bit wary if I were looking & a seller says they don't have a RWC; I'd be suspicious that the reason there wasn't one was because the car would fail.
    I guess I'd be a bit less suspicious of a 5yo car, mind you.

What are the chances it won't sell within the 2 months' validity period?

8. Holden17

Holden17 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
    I went through this 18months ago when selling the VE on Carsales here in Qld. As Rambunctious says, legally the safety cert is meant to come first but as I also discovered many ads say it will be provided on purchase. I decided to get the cert first and then happened to sell the VE 3 days before it ran out.

Yeah, having to fork out around $80 (from memory every couple of months) is ridiculous when the car’s condition is very good to start with & is being looked after with minimal running etc,

I have heard of people being fined when the car is being advertised on the side of the road and is not displaying the cert. I believe transport dept where doing blitzes for this reason on those popular unofficial used cars lots where multiple cars are being advertised. When this all changed a few years ago there were stories of sellers getting a call from a supposed buyer who was ringing while standing next to the vehicle..the seller would race down just to find out the ‘buyer’ was actually from transport dept who would then slap you with a fine. If you’re just advertising online then I doubt some undercover transport guy is going to rock up just to try and catch you out???

From a buyers point of view, if I was in the market I would probably rather the seller be able to show me a cert straight away but I guess it depends on how impatient prospective buyer are...if there is something really unique or attractive (eg great price) about your car then I guess buyers would exhibit more patience...

Best of luck with it though.

9. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 STORM Series 1
    Its not a case that the car will not have a RWC but I dont want tire kickers wasting my time. If a person is serious of this car I will get a RWC. Yes this car is better than a NEW One (only 3254K on the clock) as no one polished there tail shaft and the stabilizer bar like I do. Now remember I am a Nutter that loves cars and in the family collection we have 48 year old car (GTS Monro) that only been on a wet road about 3 time (sunny morning, rain in the Arvo) in 48 years and has never had a person sit in the back seat. By this you can see what person I am and if a person buy the car from me its a good car
    About if the car sells or not, I dont care if It does not sell. As the Family has plenty in storage so one more will keep company to the others LOL.
    Funny thing is according to Cars sales.com or even gumtree you cannot buy a SV6 or Storm with under 10,000 on the clock so we have a 3254K sitting doing nothing. The only thing that is VF and has mileage under 3254 is Special Edition Redline and that's it, there is few of them asking big money.

10. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 STORM Series 1
    This what I have said before because GOVERNMENTS ARE GREEDY. I prefer to de register the car then sell it unregistered. I have done this before on a car that is worth more compared to a new SV6 is.
    Or I have sold a un-registered car more than brand new SS and told the guy from interstate I will register it with 12 months rego if you want too for the same price and he said NO, No. Paid Bank check and he trailer the car back to NSW.
    I hate Blackmailers Governments that continually want to live in your pockets.

11. Holden17

Members Ride:
    I’m hearing you Bro...we’re about to sell our home & buy again for the first time in 30yrs & we can’t believe the stamp duty involved...what role goes the State Govt play in this apart from collect tens of thousands of our hard earned dollars??

VFSV6FORME likes this.
  12. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    Providing roads & hospitals?
    Seriously, it's all about where people will & won't accept costs … shave some cash when they're about to come into hundreds of thousands of dollars, 'cos they wont swallow ditching THAT tax but upping GST to 12.5% to make-up the shortfall.

13. abuch47

abuch47 Active Member

Members Ride:
    LSS3 YOOTE
    Another charge every couple months wtf.

society does come at a cost and it is proven to be more efficient that way.

14. Holden17

Members Ride:
    Yeah silly me thinking that paying very much my share of payroll tax each week, petrol taxes and numerous state stamp duties as well as GST was in some way contributing...its a matter of where they draw the line and by how much I suppose...

15. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 STORM Series 1
    I have know a few that have sold older cars or even NEWER Cars like the 2002 GTS 300KW Coupe and in all case all were unregistered and the buyers like it like this. We have Sold 3 Cars in the last 10 years two old and one newer cars and in each case all were unregistered and the way thing are going the VF 2015 Storm will be unregistered soon with only 3254 k on the clock. I'm very surprised as I cannot find a car Similar or even a 2016 or 2017 SV6 (No storm made in these years) with k's under 5000. Maybe the Australian Public has forgotten to keep a low milage SV6 storm. Talk about the Storm I possible have one of the last SV6 Storm sedans built. Like to Find out.

16. VFSV6FORME

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 STORM Series 1
    I dont mind if the money goes to making better roads or Hospitals but I hate seeing Politicians getting a 10% Pay rise yet the average joe blow is lucky to get 0.5 % pay rise.

greenacc and Lex like this.
  17. Holden17

Members Ride:
    Even worse is the incredibly ridiculous amounts of money that Govt wastes often just to keep much higher paid public servants in their jobs and then giving them ridiculously high bonuses on top just for doing their job...and often doing it poorly (as you’re in Bris I’m sure you’ve heard about the 7million in bonuses to the rail execs that was in the media last week..yeah the Govt stopped the 3.5 mill in bonuses last year due to public outcry when the rail was in chaos so now it’s 7mill this year when things aren’t a whole lot better...taking us for idiots yet again).

Anyway back on topic, sounds like you’re dealing with cars that the discerning buyer will happily show some patience where required ....but as I said earlier re the safety cert, I would advise not leaving the car anywhere in public with ‘for sale’ on it without that blue cert hanging in the window.

18. UTE042_NZ

UTE042_NZ Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MY17 Magnum Ute
    You'd have less potential buyers.

If I have cash in my pocket and I'm looking for a car I can drive away now, I would be checking out the ones that have a current RWC and not even bothering with any that don't.

If can turn up and check it out, haggle, agree price, then have to wait while you go and cert it, I would tell you to hurry up and then possibly leave to go look at something else if you weren't back pretty damn quick. How pissed off would I be if I stuck around and you came back with a fail?

19. greenacc

greenacc Searching for the billion

Members Ride:
    VE Berlina
    But what are the chances an almost brand new car would fail? I'd rather buy a car that's ready to drive away too, but this doesn't sound like your average second hand car, so I probably wouldn't mind waiting 2 hours to do the deal.

20. krusing

krusing Active Member

Members Ride:
    2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
    First make sure the car is in roadworthy condition,
    As soon as the buyer pays a deposit, that's when you present the car for the Roadworthy Certificate,
    then its ready for collection for the buyer,
    However, if the buyer renegs, his deposit will cover the Roadworthy,
    You can advertise on Carsales for $60 I think, or Gumtree is free,
    Either way, you just list it that it comes with a RWC.