Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Questions ! I'm selling our VF Storm

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
This what I have said before because GOVERNMENTS ARE GREEDY. I prefer to de register the car then sell it unregistered. I have done this before on a car that is worth more compared to a new SV6 is.
Or I have sold a un-registered car more than brand new SS and told the guy from interstate I will register it with 12 months rego if you want too for the same price and he said NO, No. Paid Bank check and he trailer the car back to NSW.
I hate Blackmailers Governments that continually want to live in your pockets.
I’m hearing you Bro...we’re about to sell our home & buy again for the first time in 30yrs & we can’t believe the stamp duty involved...what role goes the State Govt play in this apart from collect tens of thousands of our hard earned dollars??

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I’m hearing you Bro...we’re about to sell our home & buy again for the first time in 30yrs & we can’t believe the stamp duty involved...what role goes the State Govt play in this apart from collect tens of thousands of our hard earned dollars??
Providing roads & hospitals?
Seriously, it's all about where people will & won't accept costs … shave some cash when they're about to come into hundreds of thousands of dollars, 'cos they wont swallow ditching THAT tax but upping GST to 12.5% to make-up the shortfall.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Another charge every couple months wtf.

society does come at a cost and it is proven to be more efficient that way.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Providing roads & hospitals?
Seriously, it's all about where people will & won't accept costs … shave some cash when they're about to come into hundreds of thousands of dollars, 'cos they wont swallow ditching THAT tax but upping GST to 12.5% to make-up the shortfall.
Yeah silly me thinking that paying very much my share of payroll tax each week, petrol taxes and numerous state stamp duties as well as GST was in some way contributing...its a matter of where they draw the line and by how much I suppose...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Another charge every couple months wtf.

society does come at a cost and it is proven to be more efficient that way.
I have know a few that have sold older cars or even NEWER Cars like the 2002 GTS 300KW Coupe and in all case all were unregistered and the buyers like it like this. We have Sold 3 Cars in the last 10 years two old and one newer cars and in each case all were unregistered and the way thing are going the VF 2015 Storm will be unregistered soon with only 3254 k on the clock. I'm very surprised as I cannot find a car Similar or even a 2016 or 2017 SV6 (No storm made in these years) with k's under 5000. Maybe the Australian Public has forgotten to keep a low milage SV6 storm. Talk about the Storm I possible have one of the last SV6 Storm sedans built. Like to Find out.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yeah silly me thinking that paying very much my share of payroll tax each week, petrol taxes and numerous state stamp duties as well as GST was in some way contributing...its a matter of where they draw the line and by how much I suppose...
I dont mind if the money goes to making better roads or Hospitals but I hate seeing Politicians getting a 10% Pay rise yet the average joe blow is lucky to get 0.5 % pay rise.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
I dont mind if the money goes to making better roads or Hospitals but I hate seeing Politicians getting a 10% Pay rise yet the average joe blow is lucky to get 0.5 % pay rise.
Even worse is the incredibly ridiculous amounts of money that Govt wastes often just to keep much higher paid public servants in their jobs and then giving them ridiculously high bonuses on top just for doing their job...and often doing it poorly (as you’re in Bris I’m sure you’ve heard about the 7million in bonuses to the rail execs that was in the media last week..yeah the Govt stopped the 3.5 mill in bonuses last year due to public outcry when the rail was in chaos so now it’s 7mill this year when things aren’t a whole lot better...taking us for idiots yet again).

Anyway back on topic, sounds like you’re dealing with cars that the discerning buyer will happily show some patience where required ....but as I said earlier re the safety cert, I would advise not leaving the car anywhere in public with ‘for sale’ on it without that blue cert hanging in the window.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
You'd have less potential buyers.

If I have cash in my pocket and I'm looking for a car I can drive away now, I would be checking out the ones that have a current RWC and not even bothering with any that don't.

If can turn up and check it out, haggle, agree price, then have to wait while you go and cert it, I would tell you to hurry up and then possibly leave to go look at something else if you weren't back pretty damn quick. How pissed off would I be if I stuck around and you came back with a fail?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
But what are the chances an almost brand new car would fail? I'd rather buy a car that's ready to drive away too, but this doesn't sound like your average second hand car, so I probably wouldn't mind waiting 2 hours to do the deal.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
First make sure the car is in roadworthy condition,
As soon as the buyer pays a deposit, that's when you present the car for the Roadworthy Certificate,
then its ready for collection for the buyer,
However, if the buyer renegs, his deposit will cover the Roadworthy,
You can advertise on Carsales for $60 I think, or Gumtree is free,
Either way, you just list it that it comes with a RWC.