Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Questions ! I'm selling our VF Storm

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The concept of stumbling across a specific circumstance where the NSW system is actually simpler never occurred to me before … :)

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I would advise not leaving the car anywhere in public with ‘for sale’ on it without that blue cert hanging in the window.
No the Car will be sold in front of our Main shed with all garage and shed doors closed. To get to this you have to go through a array of security cameras and inside the house we have a system that has a monitor for certain camera of more importance and in there my wife and my daughter or my son will be waiting and if they find a person that evades to look at the camera they, wont say more.
Its bad that you cant trust the Human species. In the last 20 odd years we have sold a few cars and only once we got one group of shaddy young guys looking for a expensive car. One guy look at the car the other were looking at the security cameras not knowing the the family was looking at them. I got suspicious because the car that they drove to our house had different front to rear number plates so the wife rang the cops and the rest is history.
I HATE THIEVES.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
First make sure the car is in roadworthy condition,
As soon as the buyer pays a deposit, that's when you present the car for the Roadworthy Certificate,
then its ready for collection for the buyer,
However, if the buyer renegs, his deposit will cover the Roadworthy,
You can advertise on Carsales for $60 I think, or Gumtree is free,
Either way, you just list it that it comes with a RWC.
Yes the car is better than brand new and its 100% perfect. All I need is the deposit for a RWC. The Last car we sold was a CV8Z with 6500k on the Clock and when the guy that purchased it (Un registered) he and his wife count not get the deposit out of his pocket because he was worried that I might get his deposit and find another buying that want to pay more for the car. Like he said he had been looking to buy a CV8Z but counld find one to his suit his expectations. The car was 99.999 Perfect. The only thing that he found wrong was a scartch under the Chrome Exhaust pipe because of I reversed on a concrete angle park type stopper and the concrete scarped the car. Anyhow Next week I will get under the SV6 storm and ArmorAll the Tail shaft and all the Suspension and when you do things like this the prospective buyers will see that I am fussy on keeping cars in a very good condition.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
No the Car will be sold in front of our Main shed with all garage and shed doors closed. To get to this you have to go through a array of security cameras and inside the house we have a system that has a monitor for certain camera of more importance and in there my wife and my daughter or my son will be waiting and if they find a person that evades to look at the camera they, wont say more.
Its bad that you cant trust the Human species. In the last 20 odd years we have sold a few cars and only once we got one group of shaddy young guys looking for a expensive car. One guy look at the car the other were looking at the security cameras not knowing the the family was looking at them. I got suspicious because the car that they drove to our house had different front to rear number plates so the wife rang the cops and the rest is history.
I HATE THIEVES.
I was more thinking of the Govt ‘thieves’ who will be looking to ping you for not having the blue cert hanging in the window :D.
But yeah what you say above is the definite downside of selling privately. I’ve only sold privately a couple of times...once to a mate so no drama but most recently with the VE I took the advice that says choose a very public place to meet (carpark shopping centre in my case) and have a couple of well trusted mates not too far away and with phones/camera inconspicuously watching everything that is going on. Certainly a hassle if you have time wasters but I was lucky to get a genuine young buyer and his Dad first up.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes the car is better than brand new and its 100% perfect. All I need is the deposit for a RWC. The Last car we sold was a CV8Z with 6500k on the Clock and when the guy that purchased it (Un registered) he and his wife count not get the deposit out of his pocket because he was worried that I might get his deposit and find another buying that want to pay more for the car. Like he said he had been looking to buy a CV8Z but counld find one to his suit his expectations. The car was 99.999 Perfect. The only thing that he found wrong was a scartch under the Chrome Exhaust pipe because of I reversed on a concrete angle park type stopper and the concrete scarped the car. Anyhow Next week I will get under the SV6 storm and ArmorAll the Tail shaft and all the Suspension and when you do things like this the prospective buyers will see that I am fussy on keeping cars in a very good condition.

You Quoted -
"Prospective buyers will see that I am fussy on keeping cars in a very good condition"

If it was me, I would think it may have an Transmission oil leak with Armour All on/down it, or your trying to hide something.
I really wouldn't waste you time & money, as people don't look under a car,
they are more worried about the car history, & service history.
how it drives,
and condition externally.

I would leave it Natural, and Normal prospective buyer will see that its been looked after, if you say its good as it looks,
As long its looks undamaged undernieth, I don't think you have a issue.
Maybe get the high pressure spray on to it.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looked a Gumtree and plenty in there with no RWC but still registered. I'll give you a Example below that a seller is saying "Road worthy will be provided upon purchase".
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/spr...008-holden-ve-sv6-60th-anniversary/1229663025

Correct !,

He will provide a Roadworthy when he has the deposit,
Because if they reneg on the sale, and you don't sell it in 1 Month of the Roadworthy,
you have to present it again for a Roadworthy,
and another $150 > $160,
Being that's what it costs in Victoria for RWC.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride