Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Questions ! I'm selling our VF Storm

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I would like to ask a quick Question considering I live in QLD
Can you advertise a car for sale on carsales.com or Gumtree and say after a week or so if you have a buyer that wants to buy the car and after this has happened I will get a RWC before selling it to the person. Can you do this or do you need a RWC before you advertise the car for sale.
thanks

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
gumtree you can just list it and sell it not sure about carsales.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
If you look on transport.qld.gov.au you will find the rules are, you must have a safety certificate before advertising the vehicle for sale.
However a lot of people don't.
This also applies to ads using the word interested etc
The fine to my knowledge is $550, however, I don't believe it is policed heavily and the only time you may get caught is driving the car with a sale sign or interested sign without a safety certificate attached.
Personally, I would get the safety cert first because it is always a good selling point and most safetys in Qld don't exceed $100
Another thing seems to be happening is there seem to be a number of people with cash money.
I am talking 20-50000 so again, if you have the safety you can simply take the buyer to transport, or do the transfer online,

and make sure you notify toll roads of the sale straight away or you may end up dealing with a lot of toll costs.

Also make sure you don't only date the transfer, you note the time as well so you don't end up with camera fines.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
gumtree you can just list it and sell it not sure about carsales.
The best thing I will do is study both Gumtree and Car sales if owners of used cars trying to sell them have RWC first or get them just before the car is sold. I hate wasting money if It does not sell, especially to the greedy Governments.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
and make sure you notify toll roads of the sale straight away or you may end up dealing with a lot of toll costs.

Also make sure you don't only date the transfer, you note the time as well so you don't end up with camera fines.

GOOD POINT!!!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'd be a bit wary if I were looking & a seller says they don't have a RWC; I'd be suspicious that the reason there wasn't one was because the car would fail.
I guess I'd be a bit less suspicious of a 5yo car, mind you.

What are the chances it won't sell within the 2 months' validity period?

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Looked a Gumtree and plenty in there with no RWC but still registered. I'll give you a Example below that a seller is saying "Road worthy will be provided upon purchase".
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/spr...008-holden-ve-sv6-60th-anniversary/1229663025
I went through this 18months ago when selling the VE on Carsales here in Qld. As Rambunctious says, legally the safety cert is meant to come first but as I also discovered many ads say it will be provided on purchase. I decided to get the cert first and then happened to sell the VE 3 days before it ran out.

Yeah, having to fork out around $80 (from memory every couple of months) is ridiculous when the car’s condition is very good to start with & is being looked after with minimal running etc,

I have heard of people being fined when the car is being advertised on the side of the road and is not displaying the cert. I believe transport dept where doing blitzes for this reason on those popular unofficial used cars lots where multiple cars are being advertised. When this all changed a few years ago there were stories of sellers getting a call from a supposed buyer who was ringing while standing next to the vehicle..the seller would race down just to find out the ‘buyer’ was actually from transport dept who would then slap you with a fine. If you’re just advertising online then I doubt some undercover transport guy is going to rock up just to try and catch you out???

From a buyers point of view, if I was in the market I would probably rather the seller be able to show me a cert straight away but I guess it depends on how impatient prospective buyer are...if there is something really unique or attractive (eg great price) about your car then I guess buyers would exhibit more patience...

Best of luck with it though.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd be a bit wary if I were looking & a seller says they don't have a RWC; I'd be suspicious that the reason there wasn't one was because the car would fail.
I guess I'd be a bit less suspicious of a 5yo car, mind you.

What are the chances it won't sell within the 2 months' validity period?
Its not a case that the car will not have a RWC but I dont want tire kickers wasting my time. If a person is serious of this car I will get a RWC. Yes this car is better than a NEW One (only 3254K on the clock) as no one polished there tail shaft and the stabilizer bar like I do. Now remember I am a Nutter that loves cars and in the family collection we have 48 year old car (GTS Monro) that only been on a wet road about 3 time (sunny morning, rain in the Arvo) in 48 years and has never had a person sit in the back seat. By this you can see what person I am and if a person buy the car from me its a good car
About if the car sells or not, I dont care if It does not sell. As the Family has plenty in storage so one more will keep company to the others LOL.
Funny thing is according to Cars sales.com or even gumtree you cannot buy a SV6 or Storm with under 10,000 on the clock so we have a 3254K sitting doing nothing. The only thing that is VF and has mileage under 3254 is Special Edition Redline and that's it, there is few of them asking big money.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I went through this 18months ago when selling the VE on Carsales here in Qld. As Rambunctious says, legally the safety cert is meant to come first but as I also discovered many ads say it will be provided on purchase. I decided to get the cert first and then happened to sell the VE 3 days before it ran out.

Yeah, having to fork out around $80 (from memory every couple of months) is ridiculous when the car’s condition is very good to start with & is being looked after with minimal running etc,
This what I have said before because GOVERNMENTS ARE GREEDY. I prefer to de register the car then sell it unregistered. I have done this before on a car that is worth more compared to a new SV6 is.
Or I have sold a un-registered car more than brand new SS and told the guy from interstate I will register it with 12 months rego if you want too for the same price and he said NO, No. Paid Bank check and he trailer the car back to NSW.
I hate Blackmailers Governments that continually want to live in your pockets.