Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Questions on a Manual Calais and BCM/ECU

James_aitchison

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II S Pac 3.6L V6
Hey all,
I've been in the market for awhile for getting another commodore to replace my old S Pac that was written off.
Since I haven't been driving due to loss of license, I haven't really needed to get a car straight away.
I've come across a VX S2 Calais, although its a manual. Seller claims all power/calais options work. Did the Calais or Berlina, ever come as Factory optioned manual?
998215_10153040615485251_520569023_n.jpg970428_10153040615790251_1632179444_n.jpg

Also since I still have a complete VY AUTO Calais dash conversion, complete with wiring harness and all.Could I fit this to a Manual S Pac?
From what I understand, BCM and ECU need to match or alternatively linked with a Tech 2.
Does the ECU have a manual memcal that I could just drop into a matching VY calais BCM and ECU?
or do I need to link the Manual ECU to the Calais/Auto BCM?
I was hoping to use the Calais wiring harness so all options would work.

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
I think the Vx Calais could be optioned with manual, if it is it should have cruise control too. If it is a Calais it should be a Supercharged V6 or a V8 as well.

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
As far as I know, no VX Calais was ever built with a manual. Later converted tho, is different. I manual converted an LS1 VT Calais. Once I got the BCM and PCM to talk to each other, it was all good, everything worked, including cruise control. Only thing is on my car, the traction control bit the dust. Which to me, was not a problem.

In regards to fitting an auto cluster to a manual car, there shouldn't be too much of an issue. If you want to do it properly, you could have the cluster/BCM etc modified to disregard any information about the auto settings. As I understand the speedo will be out if its set for auto so you'd need to get that sorted anyway.

Using a Calais BCM will make all the Calais power options function correctly.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If it is a Calais it should be a Supercharged V6 or a V8 as well.

Engines were optioned, plenty of regular V6 Calais getting around.

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Engines were optioned, plenty of regular V6 Calais getting around.

Ah ok. The VX Calais came standard from factory with the super 6 but could be optioned with the V8 as well. Didn't think too many would option it with standard V6.

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Ah ok. The VX Calais came standard from factory with the super 6 but could be optioned with the V8 as well. Didn't think too many would option it with standard V6.

was a "delete option". Pay less to get the lesser motor.