Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Questions on right setup in VN

S

Stazzy

hey i have a VN exec 89 ( yep brakejobs = no tires) and im n the process of installing a Pioneer P5650 deck with all the latest gizmos. Does ny1 no the easy way 2 remove the cassette deck cos the antitheft screw is giving me issues. Also i have a pair of JBL 5 1/4 in splits that i replaced 4 the JBL 4 in that i bought as i couldnt fit them in the dash, i was wondering how i can install these in the front doors as i dont think the hole in the metal is enough for the magnets 2 fit, i was under the impression that the door pods do not extend the speakers outwards and they only cover them.

Also i have a pair of xplod 6x9s that are goin into parcel shelf however there is no speakers there atm, any advice on installation techniques??? would my deck be able to run the 4 speakers with good power as it does have all the good features.
basically i need help on how 2 mount 6x9 and the 5 1/4 in splits

Thanks heaps 4 any help
Staz ;)

N

nofords

The door pods of a vr will extend out enough so u wont have to cut into the doors at all. Not to sure about the 6x9's i have 6" in the rear of my vn so they just slotted straight in.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
www.cardomain.com/id/chevy_big_block

Go and have a look at my set up, i have the 6X9's on the rear shelf in the midle coz on the outside is a rise that makes the speakers sit up too far unless you can get some high risers to sit them on

Im also puttin a set in to front and rear doors with 2 sets of VR speaker pods

S

Stazzy

thanks for the reply so did u make those spacers and was any metal cut? yea im going to buy a set of vr door pod 2 make life easier then. now i have the stock cassete deck out i have all the wires in that plug now how do i no which wires which so i can connect it to the deck :confused: i have the Pioneer P-5650MP one. Should i do it myself or get strathfield or ryda 2 do it 4 me, its not that i cant solder but if any one has done this mod i would like 2 no how it is done

Thanks again

stazzy

S

Stazzy

hey also chevy how much the cai cost u, did it give u much change and is it beta than pod filter?? did u have 2 mod ny thin 2 make it fit?

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
anti theift screws? are you talking bout the screws in the bottom of the head deck about half way in cause they are just screws put in backwards. i cant remember how i got them out but try a stubby screw driver or right angled screw dirver.
To wire up the head deck u can do it urself by either going down to an auto store and picking up your self a wiring connector for your car and head deck or if you have the wiring diagram for the head deck, like what wire is for the speakers and power etc... here are the VN wiring colours if u havent ran your own wires for the speakers:
grey and tan go to the LH front speaker
yellow blue and brown black go to the LH rear speaker
green and green (light green) go to the RH front speaker
blue black and blue orange go to the RH rear speaker
orange white go to fuse No.1
black white go to earth
yellow is constant 12 volt or accessories 12 volt im not too sure
check it with a test light or multi meter
and yellow red goes to the power antenna module.

hope this helps.

Cheers. :yeah: