Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

questions

shonky12

Reaction score
hi.

just intrested to know can someone please list all the wireless broadband providers that have coverage in kadina and moonta sa and only slow your speed down when you go over the download

how do you setup a network that allows you to log into your desktop computer from your laptop through remote desktop connection and the other war around too.

if it helps the main desktop computer has a cat5 cable pluged into the wireless router and the laptop has a wireless card.

how do you softmod a xbox without messing it up

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
hi.

just intrested to know can someone please list all the wireless broadband providers that have coverage in kadina and moonta sa and only slow your speed down when you go over the download

how do you setup a network that allows you to log into your desktop computer from your laptop through remote desktop connection and the other war around too.

if it helps the main desktop computer has a cat5 cable pluged into the wireless router and the laptop has a wireless card.

how do you softmod a xbox without messing it up
*SIGH* Do you ever do your own research! Look on the internet providers websites, they will tell you everything you need to know.

shonky12

Reaction score
i do but cant seem to work out what providers provide wireless internet and only shape it if you go over the limit.

i want to know how you set up a wireless network to log into the desktop computer from the laptop.

going to try diffrent things and see how it goes

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
i do but cant seem to work out what providers provide wireless internet and only shape it if you go over the limit.

i want to know how you set up a wireless network to log into the desktop computer from the laptop.

going to try diffrent things and see how it goes
First of all they don't provide wireless internet, you simply purchase your own wireless router. Second of all how is it that you can't find the info about data charges but I just looked at two providers and it took me all of 10 seconds to find it?

shonky12

Reaction score
the only thing is they charge mer mb over the limit and i dont want that i only want it shaped so i dont have to pay extra

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
the only thing is they charge mer mb over the limit and i dont want that i only want it shaped so i dont have to pay extra
I swear you would have to be the simplest person in the world!
Super cheap ADSL broadband deals - SuperNerd Internet
Naked ADSL2+ Broadband No More Line Rental 50 GB $59.99
Optus - Personal - Broadband
See it's not that hard for christ sake! There is 3 providers that all shape your speed rather then excess data charges and all three you can enter your phone number to find out if you can get there service.

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
hi.

Is this
a) mobile broadband, where you can roam about the city and still get access; or
b) wireless internet, where you have a wired connection to a router, and you can wirelessly access it throughout your house?

If it is a), then none of the providers (3, Telstra, Optus, Virgin and Dodo) shape your speed after you reach the download limit. They all charge you per MB over your allowance. If you go prepaid, then once you hit your usage allowance you can't get on the internet at all, you have to buy another recharge to get back on the net.

If it is b), then you need to choose whether you want ADSL2 or cable. 95% of people go for ADSL2. Head to Broadband Guide ? Compare Broadband Internet plans, ADSL, ADSL2+, Cable & Wireless. and go crazy. You will need to purchase a wireless router. This means that it takes an internet connection in, and then splits it. You can also set it up so that it shares it out via wireless, so you don't need a cable to access around your house.

Assuming that you already have a network in place (same workgroup, same subnet, different IP addresses), all you need to do is install a Remote Desktop application such as RealVNC. Head to this list to get more info on different applications.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I swear you would have to be the simplest person in the world!

He must be a right pain at home 'MUUUUUUUUM, I've finished, come wipe my butt.'

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
All it takes is a phone call to one of the companies. They will be able to help you out and sell you a good package and all your questions will be answered. You could spend 2 hour talking to them on the phone asking them all the question you want.

BTW AirStrike, love the avatar pic :)