Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick 3.8 calais

S

shamis31

anybody got a 1989 3.8 litre calais who maybe working on there own little project, may be able to give me some advice im in the process of adding to my calais u know,looks,lowered,exhaustsystem,etc want to get the best performance i can from my 3.8,mates have told me engine exchange is the go,i want too keep my engine if i was too swap my engine i would drop a fat 5litre in her dont want to do that,i want a mean 3.8 thinking of throwing a blower on just too give me that quick boost when i need it,i know should have put turbo in but got extractors....any advice i will upgrade too a v8 in 18 months, meantime im going 3.8.....churs bros!!!!!

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hey, as for springs go kings, im running ultra low rears, super low fronts
monroe gt gas shocks all round with shorts at rear, ajustable panhard rod...

as for performance, its worth getting it chipped... also the sc14's @ psi provide some nice power (luke has his at 143rwkw) with a few things changed

as for cheap go faster ideas... ummm chip it is all i can recomend and maybe a charger without ripping the engine apart as a exhust would be a waste of money unless you forget the headers, the v8 blocks are hard to find for a good price.... everyone wants one... and as for converting it... you have to change the cluster wiring, k frame, fuel pump, front springs, exhust, transmission.... they're is ALOT of work involved u cant just "dump" a v8 in it, sure it will fit but it has to be modified

just something to think about, because for the same money u could rebuild your v6, because after you've converted the car to take a v8, then you have to rebuild it...

Higher lifter cam
new valve springs
New injectors
Coil packs
Rocker rollers
Forced induction
intercooler
Chipped
Stroke it???
bigger / forged pistons
port/ reco heads

thats just a start

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
If you looking for a exhaust system go the Tidd brothers;).

Speaking of springs. I done superlows all round and it might not have dropped as low as i first thought it would. Mainly at the front.