Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick access to VE Omega Ute Fuel Pump

Omega Owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE Omega Ute
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering whether anyone had any experience replacing the fuel pump on a 2009 VE Omega Ute?

I saw elsewhere in the forums that there's often a quick access panel in the rear floor of a sedan but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort of stripping down the tray if there isnt one in the ute.

It would obviously be much easier and quicker to get to than taking the exhaust and shaft off if there is one there.

Any feedback appreciated...

Thanks

Last edited:

Scum bag commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering whether anyone had any experience replacing the fuel pump on a 2009 VE Omega Ute?

I saw elsewhere in the forums that there's often a quick access panel in the rear floor of a sedan but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort of stripping down the tray if there isnt one in the ute.

It would obviously be much easier and quicker to get to than taking the exhaust and shaft off if there is one there.

Any feedback appreciated...

Thanks
Hello, was there a hatch to get to the fuel pump under the skin tray? Mine ute just cut out and would not start, after banging a hammer near the pump, it fired up but only for a couple of mins and then you could hear it die, thus causing the car the again stop

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hello, was there a hatch to get to the fuel pump under the skin tray? Mine ute just cut out and would not start, after banging a hammer near the pump, it fired up but only for a couple of mins and then you could hear it die, thus causing the car the again stop
There is no direct access to the fuel pump in a VE/VF ute tray, too many layers of structure to get through.
You'll need to lower the front of the rear axle cradle enough to drop the fuel tank out.
When accessible, remember to check the harness plug to the pump for signs of overheating.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It was only a very small number of the first VE’s that had that access panel.

As above, you need to drop the rear assembly to access the pump.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
It was only a very small number of the first VE’s that had that access panel.

As above, you need to drop the rear assembly to access the pump.
dunno what holden were thinking. designers were definitely not mechanics

Scum bag commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
There is no direct access to the fuel pump in a VE/VF ute tray, too many layers of structure to get through.
You'll need to lower the front of the rear axle cradle enough to drop the fuel tank out.
When accessible, remember to check the harness plug to the pump for signs of overheating.
WOW thank you so so much for the reply. Mycar (kmart auto) said to big of a job for them. Go figure when they advertise they do major mechical repairs & even replace engines. I think my local Mycar dealer picks the easy jobs so he does not have to work to hard. Had car serviced their for over 10 years and thats the welcome I got from them. Anyway i will check the plug for sure. Thanks champ & have a wonderful night. Love from Shellharbour NSW

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
dunno what holden were thinking. designers were definitely not mechanics
It was all due to being able to export the VE and VF to the US.
They had to relocate the fuel tank in the Monaro before they could export it to the US as the Pontiac GTO.
It was only very early VE's that had the access panel and the ute's never had it.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
WOW thank you so so much for the reply. Mycar (kmart auto) said to big of a job for them. Go figure when they advertise they do major mechical repairs & even replace engines. I think my local Mycar dealer picks the easy jobs so he does not have to work to hard. Had car serviced their for over 10 years and thats the welcome I got from them. Anyway i will check the plug for sure. Thanks champ & have a wonderful night. Love from Shellharbour NSW
It is a big job, but Holden dealer mechanics had plenty of experience doing it due to the dud design of the harness plug to the pump.
It happened a lot in VE's, then the problem showed up again in later VF's.

Scum bag commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
It was all due to being able to export the VE and VF to the US.
They had to relocate the fuel tank in the Monaro before they could export it to the US as the Pontiac GTO.
It was only very early VE's that had the access panel and the ute's never had it.
Yeah plane stupid to not have inspection hatches in the tray. Even in sedan and wagons under the seat like most others. Very very poor planning just like changing the spark plugs. Never hd a car that you had to remove so much to change plugs. Consider the VE was out for a few years whereby changes could have been made to make things easier

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's only a few hours. There will be other garages who will be happy to replace the pump.