Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick amp question

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
If you are just running a Pioneer sub, you dont need anything fancy, they aren't fancy subs, and they don't produce insane bass with just one basic 12" Pioneer sub really, as said above, the Jaycar amp will do the job.

Pioneer do make some great subs. Given, his may not be one... But they do make some very loud, very decent subs in their higher end range and they are extremely reliable.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
just get the jaycar, bridge it to run 500wrms..... put it on low pass, and since it has more power then you sub, just dont turn the gains up to far and you will be fine :)

remember, watts doesnt kill your sub (most of the time) its distortion/clipping that does...

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
just get the jaycar, bridge it to run 500wrms..... put it on low pass, and since it has more power then you sub, just dont turn the gains up to far and you will be fine :)

remember, watts doesnt kill your sub (most of the time) its distortion/clipping that does...

You can't run his sub at 4ohm man so it cant be run at 500rms off that amp. 300rms is all he will get from it.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
lol i meant an alpine type s.

and also i went into jb today and i can get a dub 4001 mono amp 400wrms im going to get more info on it the guy said he could do it for about 130 or 250 for the 800wrms

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Get the 800rms one, then if you decide to get a decent sub, you will be right to go.

Alpine Type S's are ok. They are capable of producing bass. I wouldn't personally go below a Type R. And if you really have the cash, Type X. Ohhhh yeah.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol i meant an alpine type s.

and also i went into jb today and i can get a dub 4001 mono amp 400wrms im going to get more info on it the guy said he could do it for about 130 or 250 for the 800wrms

I would say just get the 400wrms... But make sure its 400wrms at 2ohm!!!

Get an amp for what you HAVE... No point spending extra money on something that isnt right for what you have now just because one day you might get something else.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
but with the 800rms one i could run both the subs. off that im going in there today. the 800rms one is in the sale bin thing. so i can probably get a good deal with it.
and i got a 200 dollar jb voucher for Christmas.

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i wouldn't run 2 different subs at once though. The subs could start canceling each other out at certain frequencies like when you run 2 different size subwoofers.