Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick car audio help

jamiebrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS acclaim
hey guys, dont know much about car audio but here i go. i have a 1200 watt pioneer sub and i have 2 amps a 500 watt planet audio one which is 4x30 watts at 12 volts and a 600 watt sony one which is 4x60 watts at 12 volts and both are 4 channel. now the question is can i just connect the sub to one of the speaker outputs on the amp. my main concern is it wont be enough watts or the sub will act as an extra speaker and i cannot get the true power of the bass.

Uber_Flacky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 ltr Ute
Should be able to bridge 2 of the channels on the sony to get 120 watt rms out of it.... but it wont be enought to run the sub properly, look at some of the jaycar range or look on shopping secure site from the main page of the forum (he sells good gear and may do you a deal if you mention your from the forum) get a monoblock if possible. Also when setting up the amp set it to low pass filter and make sure you have it set low enough, will filter all but the bass out.