Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick clutch question.....

broderikb

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 HSV SENATOR 5000i
Hey guys, hoping someone can tell me if a R32 Skyline with a RB20DET 5spd has a cable or hydraulic clutch. Done a few searches & came up with nothing. Cheers.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well ive got a r32 5spd in my vl and it has a hydrolic clutch, so hope that awnser it straght up:thumbsup:

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i've got one for mine and it is hydraulic. you won't get a slave cylinder for it in australia. best to get a kit for a rb30 slave cylinder and put that through it. supposedly the internals are exactly the same, they just mount differently. The R32 box has the same gear ratios as a NA RB30 box but the strength of a RB30ET box.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
bangers said:
i've got one for mine and it is hydraulic. you won't get a slave cylinder for it in australia. best to get a kit for a rb30 slave cylinder and put that through it. supposedly the internals are exactly the same, they just mount differently. The R32 box has the same gear ratios as a NA RB30 box but the strength of a RB30ET box.
in another thread that was questioning about manul vls, it was told taht the r32 5spd had longer gears,
eg secong gear i am able to get 125km/h and in stock vl manuls it is only able for 110km/h ruffly

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
the ratios are the same between the NA RB30E and the RB20DET. the RB30ET box has different ratios, but even then its only the first 3 gears.

broderikb

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 HSV SENATOR 5000i
Cheers guys, Im just trying to find a good engine/box combo for my VK, tossing up between a RB20DET or VG30DETT but either way Im going to have to fit a hydraulic clutch master cylinder as I have a cable clutch. Will the one from a VL turbo work? Have the VL's got a differant pedal box than the VK's?