Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick connect fuel hose (in engine bay)

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
I replaced fuel pressure regulator. The quick connect hose would not come off, so I soaked it in hot water.
It came off, but the fuel-resistant lining has detached - still stuck to the old regulator. So the hose is loose on the new regulator. I put a hose clamp on it, but I can still smell petrol sometimes.
I presume those hoses (the return line that clips onto the pipe on the firewall) is no longer available. Is the quick connect fitting something standard that you might get from a performance shop or marine engine fitters?

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
Check ebay, I have seen quick connect fuel connections on there, a few different types.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If your fuel pressure is leaking your going to have issues in engine performance.
Did you pull the relay off your fuel pump while car was running to drain the lines to remove the pressure off the lines?

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
If your fuel pressure is leaking your going to have issues in engine performance.
Did you pull the relay off your fuel pump while car was running to drain the lines to remove the pressure off the lines?
Rather hard to start, but ran fairly well when warmed up. Now better with new regulator.
Didn't bother taking out the relay. When I loosened the old regulator, nothing spurted out - so the rail was already depressurised.