Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick help with my LED footwell install

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey all,

Got my LED strips in the mail today and they seem pretty decent when plugging them in just the stock way into the ciggy lighter. Anyways i want it so i can plug both in at the same time and have a switch wired up to them to turn them off nd on as i please, thinking plugged into the light that turns on when door open and car on is best but dunno. So firstly i will want to wire the 2 strips to the same switch so would i have to wire them together or what. Also the switch i has has 3 prongs it is some rocker switch which wires go where i only have 2 wires probs for 3 prongs lol...

Anyway im trying to do all this now so if somebody could help that would be great, hope i dont have to buy extra wire...

This is the packet of my leds, the fuses arnt attached to either of them yet either...they still have ciggy lighter attachments on.
Photo380.jpg

and this is the packet for my switch
Photo384.jpg

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
The wire from passenger footwell is probs long enough to cross over to drivers side and further as its quite long, how should i go about doing this, with the switch essential!

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
How about I attach the passenger led wires to my drivers ones and then run the drivers ones to the car battery and put the switch somewhere inbetween. Would this work? Can somebody draw me a diagram of where to put the fuses where to attach wires where to and how to add switch and how to know which wires are which :s
thanks

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Would it be possible to just cut ciggy lighter end of one and join the wires from that onto the other one with a ciggy lighter and then like hide under carpet or something so only wires visible are in ashtray and then work out how to do a switch :p

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Alright well seeing wasnt getting help decided to go with that last option but now i have the ugly cables everywhere...would much rather in the acc light spot but didnt really like the idea of cutting into the cars wires :sn also my placement of the passenger footwell means only half the footwell is illuminated cus was only spot to attach it to and now its stuck there like superglue haha ah well